How to Deal with Mid-Semester Blues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

It’s midterm season and as the semester is half way over, comes all the stress, loss of motivation to get to class on time and study. If you’re feeling this way, you aren’t alone. I am here to tell you how to deal with it.

1. Don’t procrastinate. If you have free time during the weekdays, do your work. I am one to push everything off until Sunday afternoon and spend hours in the library, but it’s better to do bits at a time, than overwhelming yourself with work all at once.

2. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep. This is a big one because if you’re cranky, you’ll just be miserable trying to get work done and going to class. Also, I don’t know if this is just me, but with it getting darker earlier, all I want to do is sleep. Coffee is my best friend this fall and can be yours too.

3. With that, go to class! Even if you can only get yourself to sit there and take notes while zoning out, it is better than skipping.

4. Don’t stop going to all the clubs and activities you signed up for at the beginning of the semester. Think about it this way, you signed up for these things for a reason. Stick to them, don’t be lazy.

5. Make sure to make time for yourself. It is easy to overbook your schedule and not have some TLC time, but it is necessary to stay sane. From getting an extra hour of sleep to eating out at a nice restaurant, it is important to take care of yourself.

I know the end of the semester seems miles away, but before you know it, it’ll be Christmas break and you’ll be wanting to come back.

First-year at Lehigh University!
.