Elif Anda: Food Recovery Network President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Name: Elif Anda

Grade: Junior

Major: Global Studies with Entrepreneurship and Latin American Studies minors

Position held on Food Recovery Network Exec: Founder/President

Organizations involved in around campus: Orientation Coordinator, Off the Record A Cappella 

Favorite TV show: The Office 

How did you get involved with the Food Recovery Network?  

I contacted the national office over the summer in the hopes of starting a Lehigh chapter, and they’ve been super helpful in making that happen!

Could you tell us a little bit about the first event you held?

Sure! Myself and another student picked up 10 trays of excess food from Rathbone and drove them over to New Bethany Ministries as a donation to their food pantry. It was shocking to see the amount of need in our own community, and they were very appreciative of our help. 

Why should Lehigh students join the Food Recovery Network?

It’s a great way to get to know the people of the south side and lend a helping hand to those who need it, especially during these freezing cold days! It also has a great sustainability aspect to it, and fosters awesome relationships with Lehigh Dining. 

How can students get involved?

We could always use more volunteers! They can shoot me an email, or find our page on the Hub to get more information. 

What are your hopes for the future of the Food Recovery Network at Lehigh?

I’d love to have a ton of Lehigh students get involved in bringing food to New Bethany and other nonprofits in the area. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know the faces of the south side, and hope that other students will too!