This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

This week, October 21-26, is Alpha Phi’s Cardiac Care week, which is dedicated to fundraising and spreading awareness for women’s heart health. There’s an event every day, all of which not only act as a good study break but also are ways to contribute to the cause. Here’s what each day will entail: 

Sunday: Hoops for Hearts Basketball Tournament

Today’s event was a basketball tournament in which Alpha Phi partnered with Psi U to raise money for women’s cardiac health. 

Monday: CPR Workshop with Lehigh EMS This workshop at 4:10 in Global Commons with Lehigh EMS will teach basic but lifesaving CPR techniques. 

Tuesday: Les Milles Body Pump Class at Taylor Gym

The first 35 people to show up (first come, first serve!) at the Taylor Gym studio can take a free Les Milles Body Pump class.

Wednesday: Cardiac Arrest! 

This event, from 10am-3pm on the STEPS front lawn, will feature a jail cell in which volunteers will be locked while their friends can raise or lower their bail to keep them in or get them out of jail.

Thursday: Healthy Snack Handout

Members of Alpha Phi will be in Lindy and FML all day handing out snacks that not only will provide energy to get you through studying, but are also heart-healthy.

Friday: Good Uncle Fundraiser

Alpha Phi will be partnering with Good Uncle in order to raise money for women’s heart health, with proceeds going towards the Alpha Phi Foundation to contribute to the cause.

Campus Correspondent for HC Lehigh University