8 Things to Do For Spring Break without Going on “Spring Break”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Tired of scrolling through instagram only to see endless spring break photos on the beach? If you decided to actually take a break last week instead of going spring broke, this one’s for you.

1. Revamp your look:

Get a bold haircut, try new makeup, update your wardrobe (pamper yourself by shopping instead of sipping a piña colada under a palm tree in the Bahamas)

2. Catch up on shows:

Binge watch the shows you always wanted to see but were too busy to because you were studying, going to class, going out, or sleeping

3. Catch up on sleep:

Nap all day sleep all night. We barely get enough time to sleep due to our busy lives in college so it’s nice to go home and re-regulate your sleep schedule

4. Volunteer at a non-profit

Do something good for the community and something good for yourself. Helping others and giving back is a great way to spend some extra time during your break

5. Visit friends

Road trip it to a college of an old high-school friend. It’s always fun to see how other universities operate. If you miss being in the “college” atmosphere and want to have a good time with your friends this is a good way to do so.

6. Spend time with family

Just hanging out with your family over spring break can be good too. Even watching a movie with your family could make their day. They miss you more than you think.

7. Read that book you always wanted to read but never got around to

It’s refreshing to read a book that isn’t an Accounting textbook or something that was assigned to you. Read something that can take your mind off being stuck in the snow while people are partying down in Miami.

8. Bring home a school friend

It can be fun, if you and a close college friend are both not doing anything spring break, to bring a friend to your home town to show him/her around.