This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

8 Delicious Mug Recipes Perfect for Busy College Students

Okay so no matter where you go to school, you pretty much have zero time to do anything, let alone feed yourself. BUT (!!!) feeding yourself is really important and a super important component to self care!!! Check out these scrumptious mug recipes that will fill you up without taking too much time away from that research paper due tomorrow…ugh

1. Roasted Tomato Soup with Broiled Cheddar: Excuse me, did someone say comfort food?? This recipe combines your favorite tomato soup – grilled cheese duo into one delicious (and quick) MUG! Always wanted to make homemade tomato soup? This is a great place to start!

2. Cheesy Spaghetti with Italian Sausage: Yum, yum, YUM!!! This recipe is a little more time consuming, but oh so worth it!! Who doesn’t love butter, spaghetti, cheese, and um hellooooo ITALIAN SAUSAGE!! The author of this recipe is all about using what you’ve got in the fridge, and this delicious mug dinner is an excellent example of that!!!

3. Vegan Mac n’ Cheese: Can you say oxymoron?? VEGAN Mac n’ Cheese???? No, I’m not lying, and neither is Tasty. For all your non-dairy health nuts, this recipe is here to change your life by bringing creamy mac n’ cheese back to your taste buds – yum yum!!!

4. (Butter) Chicken Pot Pie with Naan Crust: If you’re like me, Indian food is its own food group in your diet. I haven’t tried this recipe out, but I am itching to!! It combines my two favorite things: chicken pot pie and butter chicken — yummmmm!!!

5. Burrito Mug: This Urban Outfitters blog post has a bunch of great mug recipes, but the burrito mug is the one I’ll be trying first! This recipe is great if you already have most of the ingredients on hand or leftover from a night when you were feeling a little bit more ambitious about dinner. Recharge your brain and get some protein before hunkering down to study!

6. Spinach Ricotta Lasagna in a Mug: Ooooo fancy yet practical! This meal that would take a very ambitious person hours to prepare will only take you 15 minutes. I personally am a spinach fanatic, so I can’t WAIT to test this one out! Also…just look how aesthetically pleasing!

7. Single Serve Cinnamon Roll: Sometimes you just need a cinnamon roll, and that’s more than okay when you can make one in a mug! This recipe is a litttttle more labor intensive, but the best things in life usually are ;)

8. Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake: Ugh (or should I say “mug”??? Lol someone please stop me) wow….something that combines the two great loves of my life – chocolate and peanut butter. This is definitely one of the fastest mug recipes, so if exam szn is really gettin’ to ya – first of all, same, and second of all, give this deliciousness a try!!

Now that you’re sufficiently starving for some good eats, go test one of these out!

Isabelle-Gage is a current junior at Lehigh University studying International Relations and Economics. When she's not cramming in the library or lifting at the gym, she enjoys baking and binge-watching Madam Secretary on Netflix. Some of her favorite things to write about and report on are college sports, healthy recipes, and everyday lifestyle pieces.
.