I will be the first to admit it every time, I LOVE to eat, especially when I’m doing something as boring as studying for finals (ugh). Although I love to indulge every once in a while, I have found some delicious study snacks that are also healthy!
1. Edamame: This snack may seem a little odd, but anyone who knows me can tell you that I am obsessed. Edamame offers a ton of protein to keep you going during those long days in the library, and they are healthy enough that you don’t have to worry about how many you are eating.
2. Air-Popped Popcorn: Rather than buying the microwavable bags that are loaded with tons of unhealthy chemicals, salts, and fats, I like to buy my own kernels. All you need to do with the kernels is throw them in a pot with a little oil, and of course put on a lid, then toss a little salt on the popcorn once it has fully popped and you have a wonderful healthy snack!
3. Apple Chips: Now to sweeten things up a little, you can go for just plain fruit, always a yummy choice. If you are bored of this though, try something like apple chips! Not only are they delicious, but they also offer the crunch of ordinary chips that you may be craving, without the unhealthy fats.
4. Coffee: Who doesn’t need that caffeine boost at 1 am in the library when you are last minute cramming? No matter what you do, PLEASE do not grab an energy drink; they are loaded with chemicals. Try going for some dark chocolate, or if you need a bigger boost, grab coffee or a latte made with skim or even soy milk, much better alternatives to the whole milk that is usually used.
5. “Ants on a Log”: Lastly, to bring it back to my childhood roots, I love to make what my mom calls “Ants on a Log”. Yes, this may sound gross, but let me tell you, it is delicious! Start with celery, spread on some peanut butter to make it brown like a log, and then toss some raisins on for the ants. This is an adorable, delicious treat that is easy enough to make and share with your whole study group!