10 Fashion Trends to Prepare You for Spring and Summer 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lehigh chapter.

Not sure what the fashion future holds this upcoming Spring and Summer? Don’t worry, we have the coolest and most unique trends that are on their way to taking over the fashion world!

Athleisure

Who said workout clothes have to be ugly? These days, athletic pieces are just so cute; you’ll wear them even if exercising is not necessarily your cup of tea.

Bright Colors

That’s right, the middle school neon phase is coming back. The upcoming seasons are definitely looking bright.

“Bra Out”

One of the few articles of clothing that was once forbidden to be seen is now coming out of hiding! There are many options when it comes to this style whether you just wear the bra or bralette, or you throw on a mesh shirt.

Unique Ear Candy

Bold moves are about to be made when it comes to earrings!

Readable Shirts

Why waste your breath when your shirt can speak for you?

Long Necklaces

While chokers dominated the recent past, long pendants are the new thing.

Stripes

We aren’t just talking about a plain striped shirt. Be daring with the stripes.

Ties

We are all tied up this upcoming season. Now, laces aren’t just for your shoes.

Cool Khaki

Khaki isn’t all boring anymore! Neutrals and nudes, like khaki, are coming to take over.

Floral

Floral was all the rage in our pre teen years and this style is coming back for more fun!

Jazmine is a senior at Lehigh University majoring in Biology and minoring in Environmental Science. She can usually be found balancing her time between binge-watching Netflix, figuring out which new plant/succulent to buy, reading any article related to the New England Patriots, or eating avocados & cheese (not always together). She's basically just a Boston girl who sometimes like plants, food, and football more than people. Follow her on Instagram (@pizazof_jaz) or Twitter (@jaazmaniandevil).