UGRE Event – 19th February 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Have you got what it takes to showcase your passion? Many of the Leeds University students have, and they’re all about to prove it at this year’s Undergraduate Research Experience, or UGRE as it’s more commonly known. This is an extraordinary event that is held annually, giving the best of Leeds’ students the chance to present their work and show off their remarkable research.

The event will be held on the 19th February 2013 and you’d be mad to miss it. So what’s it all about I hear you ask? UGRE is a student led initiative that searches for inspirational students belonging to the Faculty of Arts to celebrate and present all their hard work in any creative and imaginative way they choose. It doesn’t have to be anything exceptionally weird or wonderful; it can be anything from a poster to a presentation of an essay a student was really proud of. It could even be some intense research that they’ve done at some point in their degree. That’s what makes the event so great – everyone presents their work in such a unique way that you won’t see the same thing twice!

Regardless of what the students are showcasing, it’s certainly an achievement to say the least and gives students a rare opportunity to gain recognition and credit for all their hard work while at university – plus it looks great on their CVs too! If you’re considering submitting you don’t have to face going it alone if you don’t want to as group presentations are welcome too. And it’s not only undergraduates getting involved this year, there’s also postgraduate and ‘careers in research’ panels. All the presentations are supposed to reflect the outstanding work of Leeds’ students whilst being fun and creative at the same time, and hopefully inspiring other students to be proud of their work and achievements too. 

If you want to know more about the event it is well worth checking out UGRE’s very own Facebook page, which has all the information you need and can keep you updated with any news and details too.

This is an event definitely not to be missed!  The UGRE team have got some really great things prepared for you from presentations to a PHD panel, plus the opportunity to get essay and research advice, information about careers and help with creative writing. All with more activities to be announce! It’s a free event and worth going down to support your friends and all our students taking part. You never know you might be inspired to showcase your passion too.