Two Empowering Trends to Try This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Two empowering trends to try this season

Normally all the designers presents in their shows the colours, garments or styles that will be considered “in” along the season, all this information is analysed and presented by the magazines, so we can take note, but what happened with those trends that doesn’t born on the runway? They are born on the streets.

Stylish people, creators, singers, everyone with an audience has the power to make an impact in fashion creating: Street trends. Sometimes these are the most interesting ones because they support a fight, a movement to represent a collective. In the twenty-first century, everyone with a good idea can dare the system (even the fashion industry) filling in the gaps of what the elites are missing.

Balenciaga shoes are the number one on the designer list right now, but who made avocado fashionable? The answer is US (and Instagram). So without further due, lest talk about those street tends that are already invading the explore page of the coolest Instagram.

Colour: Millennial Pink

This colour has been associated with the (necessary) movement #Girlboss, now at days represent feminism and femininity. Take a look in your nearest library and you will probably see a bunch of book covers with this colour.

From inspirational quotes, art and clothes this colour is as powerful as the initiative that comes with it.

Print: Rainbow

A fashionable and positive trend that is getting bigger and bigger and bigger, form literal rainbow designs to vivid and unexpected stripes and patterns.

The LGTBI community has popularized this print taking it to the runway in all the forms you can imagine.

Spotted in fashion, on Instagram filters, in hair styles and even in food. We even have an emogy on our pones, therefore it can be say that more than a flag or a natural meteorological phenomenon, rainbow is one of the coolest movements in style at the moment.

Fashion inspires life, so let’s play with it!

Have fun getting dress and loads of love! x

Silvia Calvo

1ª Picture: @florencegivenart (amazing artist)

2ª Picture: @silvis_cs

3ª Picture: #Girlboss book cover by Sophia Amoruso (you need t oread this)

4ª Picture: pinterest

5ªPicture: @rbfunkycreations

6ª Picture: pinterest

https://www.instagram.com/silvis_cs/

Main picture: @silvis_cs

Spanish girl living in Leeds and dreaming with Madrid. I study Journalism and Humanities, I am a fashion lover and that is why I'm here. Follow me on @silvis_cs  
.