This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Prague one of Europe’s biggest party locations with its variety of bars and clubs. From stylish cocktails to oldie pubs selling arguably the world’s best beer, you’ll be spoilt for choice – and still have money left over at the end of the night because, well, the Czech’s are partial to a discounted beverage (no complaints there!).

With this vibrant nightlife, it’s no wonder that Prague is notorious for the stag and hen dos, and a must for all the young party goers around the world. But don’t let the £1 pints of beer take over your trip – at least not too much, balance is key after all! Once you’ve drank the bar dry, somehow figured out the night tram lines (which do change from the day numbers, so be aware fellow beer drinkers!) and slept off any unwanted dizziness, you’ll be ready to see what else this city has to offer. And believe me, it’s worth pushing through on those three, uneasy hours of sleep!

The Old Town is a must! Make your way down the narrow, uneven streets until you come across a big open square, its perimeter is created by fantastic Gothic architecture.  Once you’ve squeezed your way past the other million people and turned down at least a thousand Segway tour offers, you’ll stumble across the Clock Tower. You’ll find an opportunity to climb up to the top for a 360 view of the city, with all its unique, irregular yellow and orange buildings. Wander over to the Vltava River and stroll along the historic Charles Bridge where tall black statues of saints and patrons lined with gold watch over you. Dashed up and down the bridge are various artists ready to paint your portrait, if you feel like taking a little bit of the bridge back home! Of course, you can enjoy the bridge from afar, sitting in one of the many little bars scattered along the riverbank. Or, if you’re feeling a little romantic, enjoy the view whilst drifting along the river on a cruise.

Be sure to take a peek at the John Lennon Wall. It’s bright, colourful and filled with a load of positive, Beatle-inspired quotes. There’s even a guy strumming a guitar asking you to join in as he sings some of Lennon’s greatest hits!

Of course, no city is complete until you’ve tasted the local cuisine. My motto is; eat until you can’t eat anymore (which can be satisfying or can put you into what feels like a never ending food coma), but with food I’ll happily take that chance! So whilst in Prague, I ate… a lot! With lots of tasty variations of fresh meats, you’re never too far away from a good old goulash. Warm, rich, and filling – but make sure you leave some room for dessert (and believe me you’re going to want to make sure there’s room!). I’m sure a lot of people are familiar with the trdelnik…No? Let me explain and you might have a better idea…I’m talking about the cinnamon twisted doughnut ice-cream cone, sold all over Prague from little market stalls. Get a scoop of ice cream on top, or drench it in Nutella, and be prepared to go to food heaven. Trip made!

Here’s just a little insight into what was a short but fantastic trip to Prague with big nights, beautiful days and brilliant food! But I never think you can see a place in a few days, there’s always something waiting to be uncovered. So Prague, I’ll be seeing you again sometime soon.

All images are writer’s own.