This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

​Since we’re all perusing social media 24/7 at the moment, I thought I’d show some of the things that I’ve recently been influenced to buy through TikTok, and give my honest review on whether they’re worth the purchase. 

1. Ring light 

ring light
Original photo by Alice Colton

5/10

The actual ring light is great. There are 3 colour settings; white, gold and blue-white, with a range of intensity settings, but the stand and phone holder are disappointing. The tripod-style stand is very weak and topples over constantly, and the phone holder breaks every time I put my phone in it. It is £18.99, which is cheap for a ring light, so I guess you get what you pay for in this case!

2. Pin on buttons

@alicegracecolton

♬ how would they know bad girls club – Chris Gleason

TikTok courtesy of @alicegracecolton

11/10

These little things are a gamechanger. I’m convinced that celebrities and Instagram models have known about these jean (or life) savers for years and have kept them a secret to make us feel inferior and badly proportioned. But let me tell you, baby, you are perfect and your jeans will look perfect once you get your hands on a pair of these!

3. LED strip lights

7/10

I love these lights so much, there are so many different settings that you can control with the remote or your phone, and they make your room so vibey. Watching a scary movie? Set them to red. Making a new Tiktok? Set them to white. Binging drag race? Pink will set the tone.

The only problem is this:

LED strip lights
Original photo by Alice Colton

Someone better at DIY may be able to make this look better, but if you’re anything like me you’ll have this ugly gap where the two strips connect. 

Words  By: Alice Colton

Edited By: Laura Murphy 

Philosophy student from the University of Leeds who watches way too much 'teen TV'. HC Leeds president 2020/21 <3  Read more on my blog: https://alicecolton.wixsite.com/website
English Literature graduate, Her Campus Leeds Editor in Chief 2020-2021 :)