Start a habit of a lifetime, check your boobs!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

CoppaFeel! Uni Boob Teams nationwide are asking students to take-up the ultimate New Year’s resolution – one that doesn’t require a gym membership or willpower by the bucket load… in fact it will take up 5 minutes of your time every month and one day could potentially save your life. What is it? I hear you scream. Quite simply we want you to check your boobs. It is that easy. Every month give your boobs the once over, there is no right or wrong way to do it. Just get coppin’ a feel of your hooters to learn what is normal for you so if you detect a change you can go and get it checked out.

CoppaFeel! are on a mission to ensure all breast cancers are diagnosed at the earliest stage possible. At which treatments are more effective and survival rates higher, and the best way of doing that is to get everyone in the country checking their boobs regularly.

If you haven’t already, go and have a chat with your local Uni Boob Team. They will be active all over campus in the next few months to remind students to get a coppin’. Expect appearances at Fruity and Propaganda and some great raffle prizes! Uni Boob Teams have a whole host of activities up their sleeves in order to get you boob aware.

Uni Boob Teams are also inviting students to sign up to CoppaFeel!’s free SMS reminder service, which sends you a free monthly reminder to check your boobs. It’s easy to join, simply text LEEDS to 70500. If you need an extra incentive to sign up merely show your SMS confirmation message to a UBT member to receive a 20% discount code for boohoo.com who are kindly supporting this year’s UBT campaign.

Kristin Hallenga, Founder of CoppaFeel! said “I envisage a world where boob checking is a standard part of a person’s routine, like brushing your teeth! Start a habit of lifetime today and let’s stamp out late and mis-diagnosis of breast cancer”.

If you fancy a being a Boob Team Leader next year recruitment will start at the end of March, follow us on Facebook and Twitter – @coppafeelpeople for updates on how to apply!

Visit coppafeel.org/uniboobteams to find out how to join a team or find out what your boob team is up to.

www.coppafeel.org @coppafeelpeople

If you would like more information about CoppaFeel!, contact Sarah Magee, Uni Boob Teams Manager sarah@coppafeel.org or 0207 566 3456

For more information about the Uni Boob Team at Leeds University, contact Team Leader Shelley Parry at ubtleeds@gmail.com or on Twitter @ubtleeds.

Notes:

CoppaFeel! is a breast cancer awareness charity that educates young people on the importance of checking their boobs regularly and knowing the signs and symptoms of breast cancer.

It was founded in October 2009 by Kristin Hallenga who herself was misdiagnosed twice with breast cancer at age 23; and now lives with secondary breast cancer.

CoppaFeel! is the only purely awareness and education breast cancer charity, and the only breast cancer charity that specifically targets young people.

CoppaFeel! aims is to stamp out late detection and misdiagnosis of breast cancer by ensuring that people know the signs and symptoms of breast cancer, know what their boobs look and feel like normally, check their boobs regularly throughout their lifetime and have the confidence to seek medical referral when they detect abnormalities.