This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

A floral inspired make-up look will help you get a flirty expression well within budget with a few springtime essentials. Whether you’re dressing up or dressing down, hopefully some of these products will inspire you this new season.

For eyes to mesmerize, the L’Oreal Nude palette rose will give you a gorgeous rosy glow. With both matte and shimmer shades, you can glam up your rosy style or keep it delicate for the day. As an alternative to the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette, these longwearing, highly pigmented shades will offer something new to your make-up collection for springtime.

For glossy lashes that give you perfect definition, the Liz Earle ‘Lash Definition smudge proof’ mascara gives great wear time and buildable use. This highly pigmented mascara lasts all day and is at the lower price bracket of high street mascara at just £14.50. Mascara has always been a product where you can save your money and cheat your way to a false lash effect.

Keeping in theme of a springtime glossy, glow-y look, there are so many eyeliners on the high street that are great value for money which achieve a similar look to high-end products. The Seventeen ‘wet look lacquer eyeliner’ will prevent your eyeliner from going dull and grey. This product allows you to subtly follow the lash line or go for a more dramatic flirty feline flick for those skilled hands. At only £3.99, it’ll become your go-to weapon.

Go nude with your lips with Topshop’s ‘Lips in Naturist’ for a gorgeous subtle shade. The mix of weather, particularly in the north can make it hard to choose what to apply to your lips. This smooth textured lipstick is moisturizing and highly pigmented, perfect for the in-between season. Use it for an everyday look that doesn’t require a precise outline.

A lip scrub will prep and prime your lips before applying lipstick to get rid of any chapped dryness and restore your lips back to a soft velvet touch. Although not technically a beauty product, Lush’s lip scrubs are a must as they not only help to achieve the perfect pout but they also taste so good! Handmade and completely natural, this will become essential as part of your skin care routine, particularly in the winter months. Coming in flavours like bubblegum and popcorn, they are truly irresistible, particularly at £5.50

‘Glow All Out’ with the Soap and Glory highlighter stick currently at £6.00 (otherwise £8.00). This under £10 product is perfect and never seems to run out. With three shades to pick from, you’ll be able to sculpt your cheeks whatever your skin tone. Apply to the high points of your face for a glamorous glow. It’ll soon turn into a favourite for an everyday, easy glow-y look that doesn’t require too much precision.

Be beautiful for all occasions with a setting powder that will brighten your look for spring. Perfect for a night out and resistant to flash photography, the NYX high definition finishing powder will meet your needs! If you’re searching for a simple setting powder the translucent will do the trick, or if you’re looking to counteract dark circle under your eyes and help set concealer, opt for the banana shade. Alternatively, if you want to reduce redness from either blemishes or flushed cheeks the mint shade will be just the thing for you. This compact powder will fit nicely in your handbag and will help your skin look brighter for that airbrushed effect.  

The Rimmel Lasting Finish Mono Blush in Pink Rose puts a perfect pink flush on the cheeks, with rose gold-y flecks embedded into the blush. A perfect go-to blush, it will become an essential part of your make-up bag and routine, cheating your way to healthy flushed cheeks on those tired days.

Sources

http://amelialiana.com/

http://moonshine709.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liz-earle-lash-definition-smu…

http://beautyblahblahblah.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/topshop-lipstick-in-nat…

University of Leeds student.