The Perfect Snow Day Rom-Coms…

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

The perfect snow day rom-coms…

This week the UK has been hit by the Beast from the East and storm Emma. As we usually crumble with just 1cm of snow, the minus 5-degree weather has rendered us completely useless and I’ll be honest, I’ve not left my couch since Wednesday (thanks housemates for bringing me chocs).

Obviously, uni work is out of the question. No madman would attempt to write an essay when its cold outside and there is no way I’m risking my life on those icy pavements to attend a lecture I could watch online (ok I probs wont watch it but I can pretend).

So, apart from venturing out to Sainsbury’s Local to top up the chocolate supply there is no reason to leave the house.  

If you’ve fallen out with your housemates over Monopoly or Scabble then we’ve got just the solution- make some hot chocolates and stick on a rom-coms. Grab your housemates, boys and girls alike because everyone loves a rom-com!

The Holiday

Ok, I know this is probably in the Christmas movie genre, but it’s also a TOP quality rom-com. Plus, not only is it snowing on tv, it’s snowing at home too! Crack open a bottle of wine and get ready for Christmas…

Notting Hill

Is it even a rom-com without Hugh Grant? No. A young Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts make the most beautiful couple all set in London’s quirky Notting Hill. It’s timeless and you’ll LOVE it.   

Bridget Jones (1, 2 or 3)

Now this is British film-making at its peak…Bridget will make you feel better about all the essays you’re ignoring and the growing pile of empty Ben and Jerry’s next to you on the floor. PLUS, more Hugh Grant! Cheers to that. 

500 Days of Summer

Just ignore the fact it’s snowing outside and settle down for this underrated classic. It’s quirky style keeps you on your toes and it will definitely have you in tears more than once, so make sure your tissues are nearby.  

There you have it! Now grab a blanket and settle down for a movie marathon you wont forget.

Kelan Mahon

.