The Perfect Playlist for Getting a Goodnight Sleep…
Although the exam period may be over, assessments are still coming, readings are piling up and everything else is being pushed to the back burner. Hopefully, with this playlist, having a goodnight’s sleep should be one less thing to worry about.
I’ve always struggled going to sleep. Sometimes my mind thinks of all the things that happened during the day, and all the things I need to achieve the day after. A few things I’ve learnt to do is:
- Turn off or put away any electronic devices at least an hour before going to bed
- Don’t drink caffeine before bed (If you’re a fan of tea, Chamomile really helps)
- Make a list of all the things that are in your mind, whether it be a to do list for tomorrow or everything good that happened during the day
- Putting a few drops of lavender oil on your pillow
- Listening to relaxing music (including pieces from this playlist!) either that or gentle noises such as rain or ocean noises (links to these playlists are below)
- If you can’t get to sleep after about 15 minutes, get up and do something away from bed.
Of course, not all of these may work, but the best thing is to experiment with these things to see what does and doesn’t help.
If listening to music helps you to get off to sleep, this playlist is designed to help you do that. As I have said in a few of my last articles, listening to solo piano music has always been something that I enjoy listening to. I have also added a few string pieces too, particularly a few with a harp, all of which sound really gentle alongside the piano. All the pieces listed are all slow and gentle pieces, all to help getting to sleep a bit easier.
Here is the list:
The Promise-Jason Boyd
Nocturne No. 2 in E Flat Major, Op 9-Chopin
Etude No. 5-Philip Glass
River Flows in You-Yurima
Claire De Lune-Debussy
Piano Sonata No. 14 in C Sharp Minor, Op. 27 No. 2- “Moonlight”: 1. Adagio Sostenuto-Beethoven
And Along Came the Rain-Elba
Night Bird Song-Calm Music for Studying
Waltz in A Flat Major-Laura Silberberg
By Night-Sophie Hutchings
My Edward and I-Dario Marianelli
Gymnopedies-1. Lent Et Douloureux- Satie
Perfect-The Piano Guys
Attic Romance-Jonatan Mollberg
Arcadiana: VI. O Albion-The Calder Quartet
Ave Maria-Bach, Charles Gounod, Yo Yo Ma
If listening to music doesn’t help, try these other playlists too:
Ocean escapes-Another playlist filled with gentle sounds of the ocean
Hope this helps, have a good week everyone!
By Becky Abel