This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

The Perfect Boho look for Autumn

The boho look is inspired by: the hippie lifestyle, the 60´s and 70´s concerts and nature! Dressing in a bohemian way is more of a lifestyle than a trend and even though October is a wonderful month you may have noticed that wearing hippie clothes is not as easy as it was during summer. In this post, I am going to show you that wearing the “ocean child” uniform is not the only option you have to look boho and that there are plenty of options in our existing wardrobes that will work for a warm and folk inspired outfit!

Florals

A plain top matched with any nature-inspired print skirt is going to make your outfit look more hippie. Although it can sound boring, wearing something basic combined with a piece that has leaves or flowers on it is the best way to balance this style. It can sound really cliché but it is the easiest tip I can give you!

Flowing fabrics and accessories

If you want to look a little more like Vanessa Hudgens at Coachella (as she is the ultimate boho queen) it is really easy; you just need a knotted shirt and loads of accessories. The accessories can include pieces like: a flower crown, tons of jewellery, a cool belt or some rounded glasses. It doesn’t matter which you choose, just wear whatever you feel works best for you.

Dresses and boots/sneakers

This option is perfect for either rainy Glastonbury or a Friday evening! It is also an outfit made by pieces that I am sure everyone already owns. The best thing to do is to try to match the jacket you wear with the shoes you pick so it looks more cohesive but again it is completely up to you.

Have fun getting dressed and loads of love! x

Silvia Calvo

All the pictures: @silvis_cs

https://www.instagram.com/silvis_cs/

Main picture: @silvis_cs

Spanish girl living in Leeds and dreaming with Madrid. I study Journalism and Humanities, I am a fashion lover and that is why I'm here. Follow me on @silvis_cs  
.