This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

I have been in England now for over an entire semester as part of my exchange programme. During the weekends, I have visited places around England which I have found to be all unique in their own way. Here are my favourite places that I have been to in England, listed in chronological order.

1. Flamborough

The first weekend trip I went on was to the Flamborough coast. I did this with Get Out, Get Active, a programme run by the University of Leeds. It encourages physical activity through countryside trips such a this, and on-campus classes. The day was pretty gloomy, but the scenery was beautiful. I was mesmerized by the cliffs and took so many pictures of them.

2. Harry Potter

The next trip I went on was CityLife’s Harry Potter trip. CityLife is an international community that organises trips and activities for exchange students that have come to the UK. During this trip, we were taken to see spots where the Harry Potter movies were filmed. As I saw the sights, I was instantly taken back to moments within the film. The two locations we were taken to were Alnwick Castle and Durham Cathedral.

3. Lake District

Another trip I went on was to the Lake District. The colours of the lanscape made this a really unique location. I could not stop taking photos!

4. Whitby

For this trip, my Mother came from the US to visit me for Thanksgiving break. We went on CityLife’s trip to Whitby and Robin Hood’s Bay. Whitby is a seaside town in North Yorkshire, which I found to be particularly charming. Robin Hood’s Bay, a village nearby to Whitby, gave us a really relaxing way to end the day.

5. Stonehenge

I took this photo when I went on a day trip to Stonehenge. The day was perfectly clear, so my pictures came out great. The mystery behind Stonehenge made it more interesting to visit. For those that don’t know, the stones that make up Stonehenge have been dated at around 5,000 years old and the larger stones within the structure weigh as much as fifty tons. The explanation as to how this structure got there in the first place, remains an unanswered mystery.

6. Peak District

The weekend before the second semester started, I went on a trip to the Peak District with Get Out, Get Active. The top of the hill was amazing and reminded me of my trip to Iceland. I was completely wowed by the scenery in the Peak District.

These are just a few of the adventures that I have been on so far, and I look forward to more trips in the future.

(All photos taken by the author)

Niharika graduated from the University of Florida with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and a minor in Mathematics. She wrote for Her Campus UFL during her time at UF. She also wrote for Her Campus Leeds when she spent her junior year abroad at the University of Leeds in Leeds, England. She tried drinking tea when in England but is still a coffee person at heart. As a Colorado native, Niharika loves hiking, skiing, and mountain biking. In her spare time, she likes to explore her creativity through photography and drawing. 
Senior Editor for Leeds Her Campus 2018-19