Music Blog – Little Night Terrors interview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Little Night Terrors are our new favourite band here at HC Leeds.  They’re playing at Leeds’ Empire on Thursday 10th May, so we sent Rosanna to catch up with bass player Dan ahead of the show…

Q. Hi Dan, how’s the tour going so far then?

A. ‘Ello, The tour is going really well we’re loving every second of it. We’re 5 gigs into it and it’s been great.
We’ve been lucky that a lot of our mates have been putting us up after gigs which always helps as well. However the tour van is starting to look a complete mess, don’t go in it!

Q. You’re touring in support of your new single I believe, what’s the reception been like?

A. Yeah our new single ‘Pocket Rocket’, we got to number 51 in the Itunes alternative charts – it’s been crazy if i’m honest. Lana Del Rey ain’t happy! We’re really grateful to everyone whose bought it so far, watching it climb up the charts was mega.

Q. Tell us a bit about the band’s history/how you got together…

A. Bone and Andy had been together in previous bands and had a lot of songs already written, they were on the look out for a bass player so I sent over a video of me playing some of their songs and we had a jam – the rest is present.

Q. You’ve played an instore at a record store in Leicester today and are finishing the tour at the 02 Academy there… is it safe to say you’ve not forgotten your routes then?

A. Yeah it was a manic day, Andy sang live on BBC Radio Leicester, then we went straight over to do the signing & acoustic session. We did it outside our local record store Rockaboom and a load of people got involved! It was like a belated session for Record Store Day and we made a limited run of coloured vinyl 7’’s of the single to celebrate, which you can grab from our website.

We’re doing all this touring so it’s always top to go back to your hometown and have a wild one. We’re all dead up for it, can’t wait.

You can grab tickets from our website: www.littlenightterrors.com/gigs

Q. You’re playing at the Empire in Leeds next Thursday, are you looking forward to that? Have you ever played in the city before?

A. It’s gonna be wicked, we know a lot of people up in Leeds as well so no doubt they will be getting involved in the terrors madness! This will be our first gig in the city, we’re ready for a mad one.

Q. Why should people come and see you?

A. You wanna see some swagger, and some tunes! There’s almost guaranteed nakedness.

Q. Finally, what are the plans for after this tour and where would you like to see the band in a year’s time?

A. We’ve got Leicester’s Summer Sundae Festival in August which will be amazing, all three of us go to it every year as fans so will be mega to play it. For the rest of the year we’ll be releasing more music and touring everywhere. In a years time, I’d like to have a new leather jacket, and an album out. That would be nice.

For more information about the band visit www.littlenightterrors.com.  They’re playing at Empire in Leeds on Thursday, and the gig is free entry, so make sure to check them out!

You can watch the lads’ latest single, “Pocket Rocket”, below…

Hannah first joined Her Campus as part of the Illinois branch as a writer during her study abroad year at UofI. While in the US, Hannah joined Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority and subsequently began to write a weekly column for the Greek newspaper, The Odyssey. Now back home in the UK, Hannah has founded the first ever UK HC branch for her own university, The University of Leeds. She is in her final year of a Politics degree and is excited for the year ahead and what great things Her Campus Leeds will achieve. Outside of her studies, Hannah enjoys travel, fashion and being an alumni of The University of Leeds Celtics Cheerleading squad where she ran as PR Secretary for the committee during her 2nd year.