Indie-Soul sextet release new single ‘Spring’

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Listen to ‘Spring’ Here!

Today, a local Leeds Band “Mercutio” release their new single and we can’t wait to share it with you! Mercutio’s new single ‘Spring’ perfectly captures the band’s ‘feel-good melancholy’; blending clean funk rhythms with smooth vocals, sweet guitars and punchy horns.

Having met at Leeds College of Music, these six exuberant performers felt an instant connection and teamed up to create a unique fusion of classic pop, soul and indie-rock. Their music is tied together lyrically by the group’s shared feelings about the struggles of being a teenager; injustice, love and angst. Powerful vocal harmonies, beautiful chord sequences and infectious rhythms, combined with bittersweet lyrics – your feet will want to dance, your heart will break.  

Mercutio have taken their show to venues across the UK in the last year, including The Wedgewood Rooms – Portsmouth, The Boileroom – Guildford, Lending Room – Leeds as well as being asked to play at The Charity Film Awards 2018 at Central Hall – Westminster. Along with the boys, Kate Oates (Vocalist) and Ben Clark (Guitarist) have written a series of groovy tunes to be released as singles in the coming months.

The Mercutio sound brings its patented ‘feel-good melancholy’ to a new generation of pop fans.  

Spring is out on 16 November 2018 via PowerHouse Records.

CONNECT WITH MERCUTIO:

Instagram | Facebook

FOR ANY ENQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT –  management@thebandmercutio.co.uk

Senior Editor for Leeds Her Campus 2018-19