How Her Campus Leeds Are Spending Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Written by multiple members of Her Campus Leeds

Every Valentine’s Day my mam sends me a Valentines card from ‘my secret admirer’ (her and my dog🥹)

My sister and I cook a steak dinner and drink our favourite wine in our favourite dresses and raise a glass to our friendship 🫶🏼

Me and my friends are going to have a girls night, and bake cookies and drink wine!

My boyfriend has planned a secret Valentine’s night that I know nothing about and don’t know what to expect. This is my first Valentines with a partner and I am so excited <3

My boyfriend and I have bought each other presents that have cured our inner child :’) 

This Valentine’s Day I’ve gone a bit rouge and decided to sign myself up for the Box’s ‘Take Me Out’ charity night. Who knows what will ensue, it’s nerve-wracking, but at least I’ve had a Carrie Bradshaw moment writing this!

I usually hate the idea of valentine’s day but this time I am planning a galentine’s dinner with the girls and I am super excited to chef it up (i cannot cook for the life of me lol)

Heading straight to Mischief and finding myself either a suited and booted rugby boy to take away my troubles or just dance the night away with my girls and celebrate being single with an end of night takeaway. Happy Valentines everyone! xxx

I am going on a galentines trip with my sisters to Budapest! We’re going to sight see, eat good food and drink the trip away.

Me and my housemates are having a galentines dinner party. We often eat dinner together anyway but for galentines we take it up a notch with a nice table setting and making delicious food together like making mini heart shaped pizzas and penne a la vodka! 

My boyfriend and I are travelling to York. We are going to York Minster, to the JORVIK Viking Centre (to pretend to be vikings) and to potter around some shops. I am really excited because this is the first time we will be celebrating valentines together on the day. 

This is my first Valentine’s Day with a significant other! I know we’re going to do our usual takeaway+cinema combo, but apparently there is a special surprise involved as well. I assume it will be something I mentioned offhandedly once in conversation because he has insane memory. We’re also planning to soft-launch that night, and I look forward to shocking my hometown friends.

“I’ll be in my bedroom, making no noise and pretending I don’t exist” – Harry Potter 

For galentines my housemates and I are going out for dinner at a restaurant I used to beg my ex to take me to (they’re teaching me what love actually is and how it should make me feel).

I’m going to Hyde Park picture house to watch 2 new films back to back #soloVday

My boyfriend and I are going to the snow dome near Leeds, and he is going to (try) to teach me how to ski! Then we are going to the Mean Eyed Cat for some cocktails and free pizza! Very excited :)

This year, after being influenced by the many wonderful women around me (and Pinterest), I have decided to host a Galentine’s party. In order to celebrate the beauty of womanhood in our 20s, my friends and I will be spending the official Galentine’s day, 13th February, together, eating various red and pink themed delicacies (Haribo hearts and strawberries from Sainsbury’s, if we’re being honest), drinking wine, listening to our favourite female artists – Maisie Peters and Renee Rapp will predominantly feature, of course – but most importantly, we will be thinking about and celebrating the beauty of female friendships; the depth of women’s hearts know no bounds, and Galentine’s is the perfect time to celebrate that. 

Her Campus Leeds' collective account for our joint pieces