How To Be Productive Over The Easter Holiays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

If you’ve decided to go home for the Easter holiday, you might be a little worried about how you’re going to get everything you need to get done, done. Worry not – like everyone else, I’ve got many deadlines coming up after Easter, so today I’ll be giving you a few tips on how to be productive over the holidays!

1. Designate Your Working Period Personally, I like to take the first week (or the first few days, depending on how stressed you are) of a holiday completely off. My brain needs time to reset and recharge, and I find it very hard to work when it’s still tired from the past term. Thus, start by taking some time off, this will make you extra productive over the rest of the holiday!

2. Make a List If you’re anything like me, starting work without having an overview of what you actually need to do seems pretty pointless. Either at the beginning of the day, week, or holiday (or, in my case, all three), make a list of what you have to get done to properly prepare for your deadlines and exams. Not only will this give you an idea of how much you need to work, it’s also extremely satisfying to cross things off the list as you go along!

3. Tell the Fam Nothing is more irritating than having annoying siblings/well-meaning parents/confused distant family looking for the bathroom disrupting your work flow. Therefore, make sure to announce to whoever you’re staying with that you have to do work as well as hang out with them. Put it in your family Snapchat group, hang a sign on your door, do whatever you need to do to make sure you won’t be disturbed!

4. Create a Good Set-Up If you’re lucky, you’ll still have your own room at your parents’ house, but even that room may have turned into a storage area for your family (my dad scrambles to get all the drying laundry out of my room whenever I come home). However, if you’re planning on being productive in there, it’s important that your set-up can match your intentions. Thus, clean out your room, open the curtains, arrange your pens nicely, light a candle, and do anything else that will help you get more work done!

5. Don’t Forget to Relax! I know that this is about being productive over Easter, but the holidays are also meant for relaxing. Take your little siblings, cousins, nieces, or nephews on an Easter egg hunt, visit your grandma, and have a nice cup of tea and a chat with your mum. Enjoy!

Judith was born and raised in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, but has been dwelling in the UK for the past three years. She's currently working towards her Masters degree in history, but when she's not in the library reading/crying, she enjoys writing dark fairy tales, watching Gilmore Girls, and belting out ABBA songs.
Senior Editor for Leeds Her Campus 2018-19