Her Campus x LRFS: 2018 Official Launch Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Her Campus Review: LRFS 2018 Official Launch Party

We were kindly invited to attend the Launch Party of the Leeds RAG Fashion Show last Tuesday night. An eclectic mix of directors, stylists and models filled the floor of The Faversham representing an exciting vision for the fashion show, which returns for its 10th anniversary on 15th February 2018 – definitely a date for your diary! One of the biggest events of the year on campus, the fashion show is working to raise money for two incredible causes: Leeds Mind and Dementia UK.

The launch party gave us an insight of what to expect from the show itself next semester, displaying the unique styles of those involved in the show and funky house music provided by Flux and Primal Sound DJs. The venue was decorated with fairy-lights and monochrome banners and balloons to create a trendy atmosphere and display the branding of LRFS. We met several of the models involved in Rag, finding out about personal styles and varied interests in fashion and enjoyed chatting to everyone involved – as well as getting some photos!

To raise extra funds there was a raffle for a chance to win some fabulous prizes from Cirque du Soul, Primal Sound, Up4 and Soap and Glory. We bought some raffle tickets and even took home a Soap and Glory goodie bag!

Look out for more events in the run up to February that you can get involved in! Next up is Cheese and Wine night on 4th December. Make sure to like Leeds Rag Fashion Show on Facebook to keep up with all the latest events and to help raise money for two amazing causes!

MA Fashion, Enterprise and Society at University of Leeds
.