Her Campus Reviews: Sipsmith Gin Tasting at LS6.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Her Campus Reviews: Sipsmith Gin Tasting. 

We (Kate and Maja), as part of the Her Campus team, were invited to attend the Sipsmith gin tasting event last Wednesday. The event was organised by the brand’s student ambassadors, Daisy and Amy, who took amazing care of the few guests invited. Among the invited people were other magazine/radio representatives, bloggers and student ambassadors. The tasting took place at the lovely LS6, which seemed like the perfect venue for the Sipsmith gathering.

We were all greeted with snacks, gin and tonic and cute little name cards, which added a bit of a personal touch to the event. The girls gave us a short gin history and then moved onto the cocktail preparation…

We gained knowledge of what Sipsmith is all about, the founders; Fairfax and Sam wanted to bring Gin back into popularity from the city it originates after Gin (made from Juniper berries) was brought over from The Netherlands to London in the 17th century.

Sipsmith is located in Hammersmith and is the first Copper distillery to give a purer and smooth textured Gin. The Sipsmith logo is a Swan’s head and neck in Copper which represents the shape and colour of the Copper distillery individual to Sipsmith, we even all received a little copper emblem badge!

We all got to try a sweet and sour Bramble, super strong Martini (it’s a love or hate thing) and a prosseco-filled Sloe gin fizz (our personal favourite).  All of these were accompanied by the sounds of live jazz music coming from downstairs. 

We had a fabulous evening thanks to Amy and Daisy from Sipsmith and encourage everyone to try their gin, we’re looking forward to more events to come and will definitely be drinking Sipsmith in our next G&T! 

Thanks for having us Sipsmith! 

Kate and Maja

All photos are authors own. 

MA Fashion, Enterprise and Society at University of Leeds
.