Style > Beauty

Healthy Lifestyle Blog: My Top Five Organic Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

As I’m sure you can guess, since I’ve started a more natural way of life, I’ve become more interested in natural and chemical free alternatives to some of my daily skincare treatments. Personally, I’ve never really been one to wear much make-up but I have always cared about my face; it’s the first thing people look at, so why not have beautiful skin? One of the best things about eating more healthily is that your skin reaps the benefits too! As your skin is your major detoxifying organ, it makes sense that what you put into your body leaves through your skin!

I’m sure some of you are thinking organic beauty products are way too expensive for a student budget, and until last summer, I also included myself in this group. However, that was only until I realised that if you compare organic vs. non-organic beauty products, there isn’t really much of a price difference! For those of you who remain unconvinced, this is the way I see it: I’m putting these things on my face (and body) over and over again, 365 days a year (when I don’t forget), day and night. On top of all that, day-to-day, my face is battered with poisonous car fumes and recycled air in central heating, as well as general wear and tear.

So enough of the reasons behind – some may say – my madness, here is to the fun part, my top 10 favourite products. For those of you who have been too busy to take a couple of minutes to unwind, read on and hopefully by the end of this article you’ll have a couple of ideas about how you can pamper yourself.

Mádara Cleansing Foam

This smells of roses, leaves my face feeling soft and removes all make up, including stubborn mascara!

Mádara Sun Flower Golden Beige Tinted Fluid

I used to hate foundations because I felt like a cake. However, I got this as a sample and despite smelling a little of cut grass, it’s durable (I use it on my long runs) and I forget I’m wearing it.

REN Invisible Pores Detox Mask

This is one of my more expensive investments, but I only use it once a month and it works wonders for my nose!

Caudalié Deep Cleansing Exfoliator

I share this one with my mum when I’m back home. I normally use it twice a month – it’s on my to-buy list!

Ecotools Brush Set

I bought this set at Boots on a whim, but now I’m looking to expand my brush collection!

Konjac Sponge

This is the easiest thing to use – it saves a LOT of time in the morning!

Neal’s Yard Lip Gloss in Goji Berry

I bought Vogue magazine just to get this freebie. Anyone else do that? It’s a great everyday colour and tastes like chocolate orange!

Neal’s Yard Lengthening Mascara Black

I just started using this after changing from a MAC mascara and I don’t see myself looking back through my – very full – lashes anytime soon!

Only Fingers and Toes in Nude

I can’t wear bright nail polish for work but I dislike having bare nails. This is a lovely ballet shoe pink and it has no chemicals (nails absorb chemicals too).

Roger and Gallet Eau Fraîche Bois d’Orange

I usually prefer to buy my own perfume, but this was a gift from my younger brother. It’s very fresh – especially when the summer sun is out!

I tend to buy all my products online, either on Amazon or websites like FeelUnique.com and BeingContent.

Images:

All my own – hence the poor quality!