Fusion: The Bollywood Show for World Unite Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Leeds University has always been a strong advocate for promoting itself as a place where students can express their selves regardless on their interest or cultural background. This is one of the reasons why year after year the University of Leeds Intercultural Ambassadors have ensured that there is a space for students to express themselves and have organised a wide range of events to cater for this. So it will be of no surprise to you that the World Unite Festival is back for its seventh year, with over one hundred incredible events, from live performances, to film screenings, discussions and a mix of cultural food.  

One society that is getting involved is the The Leeds South Asian Society who aims to bring together students from various backgrounds to celebrate and experience a variety of cultures. They encourage everyone to get involved and with membership priced at just £5 for the year plus added special deals for members it’s undeniably accessible by all. In addition to being such a great price they also host a number of great events throughout the year all in aid of great causes. Want to find out more? Then you will definitely not want to miss this…

The Leeds South Asian Society presents Fusion: The Bollywood Show! It’s their flagship charity event and this year they’re aiming to make it bigger and better than before, raising money for their two chosen charities – Interpal and The Hope Foundation. They wish to invite everyone along to join them for an evening showcasing the best they can offer  in Bollywood entertainment including a fashion show, dance acts, live singing, comedy, and much more!

Ticket price includes refreshments will be catered by Aagrah as well as an after an after-party in Pulse. All proceeds go to charity and reflects their societies main aim to provide somewhere where everyone can get together and celebrate all while raising awareness for a great cause.

Emily Willson

Image Source:

1) http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org.uk/campaigns/wufest/

2) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=438583396291227&set=a.2364327665…