Style

Five Fire Outfits for the Festive Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

After being caught up with deadlines, but with the end of term fast approaching (FINALLY), it has probably just dawned on you that Christmas, New Years Eve, and the festive season are right around the corner. But don’t panic about what to wear to all those parties you’ll be going to (instead of revising…), we’ve got you covered!

Make sure to check out all of these websites as their seasonal styles are amazing and quite affordable! Most of them offer student discount too and have really fast delivery – which can come in handy if you’re in a last minute panic.

1) PrettyLittleThing Rose Gold Strappy Sequin Straight Neck Bodycon Dress, £30

Rose gold and other metallic colours are really in this season: whether you are going out on boxing day for a party or want to save this gorgeous little number to catch some eyes on New Years Eve (and aid you in getting your new year’s kiss)! This gorgeous little dress is a MUST for this party season! Plus, PrettyLittleThing do student discount – so get online and get hunting through their Party edit!

2) OhPolly Play By The Jewels Embellished Two Piece, £42

I always love a two piece and this sparkly skirt and crop combo is a perfect example of why! Not to short a skirt, high-waisted to hide the little stomach we are all growing due to a few too many cocktails and pigs in blanket, but also not too conservative. You can also pick this up in a gorgeous nude/silver so whether you fancy a darker look, or something more eye-catching and sparkly, this combo is perfect.

3) MissPap Catherine Red High Neck Keyhole Slinky Jumpsuit, (now 50% off) £25

We all know how it is, you buy a super cute outfit, ready to strut your stuff on New Years, Christmas, or any other festive celebration, until you find that you can’t dance in it because it rides up, or you can’t move a certain way unless you want a MASSIVE nip-slip. The jumpsuit has you covered! A) the majority of your body is covered so you aren’t going to FREEZE in December in a strappy little dress, B) you can dance all night long without worrying that any part of you that you would rather keep private is going to fall out for the whole world to see, and C) it is still just the right amount of sexy with this teasing keyhole detail and flared trousers to really cinch in the waist and make the booty look fire.

4) Missguided Terracotta 90s Neck Fringe Playsuit, £35

A playsuit follows along this same vein: you don’t have to worry about pulling it up or down, you just throw on one piece of clothing and you look like you have put in so much effort! A playsuit is ideal for any festive occasion when you don’t know what to wear. These fringed playsuits can be found literally EVERYWHERE this season so keep an eye out for this festive favourite. I have seen them in a range of different colours but I really love this unique terracotta/pink that will make you stand out from the crowd as you shimmy and shake your fringes!

5) PrettyLittleThing Velvet Knot Front Maxi Dress, £25

If you’re searching for something a bit more glamorous for this festive season: perhaps you’re attending a winter wedding, or your work Christmas Ball, this velvet maxi from PrettyLittleThing would be perfect. It comes in a range of colours, however I thought his blue was super unique and a bold choice. I love the idea of wearing a nice cool tone this winter while everyone else is donning their reds and browns! Classy but not too conservative, this dress would make the perfect elegant attire for any fancy occasion.

Senior Editor for Leeds Her Campus 2018-19