Film Blog: IT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Film Blog: IT

The remake of Stephen King’s IT has taken the film world by a storm. Everyone has been talking about it, 2017’s ‘scariest movie’. Being a horror movie lover, I was intrigued. So often horror movies can be hit or miss; with poor screenplay, bad acting and even an worse plot, horror quickly turns to comedy.

I had to see for myself what all the fuss was about. From the opening scene the plot is driven by children, think Stranger Things gone scary. There’s nothing like the eerie voice of a child singing a nursery rhyme to get me on the edge of my seat. Without giving anything away, I can tell you the film is set in a small town in New England where unusual amounts of children go missing. This all comes down to the work of an evil clown. Now, laughs aside, Pennywise is daunting and Bill Skarsgard plays on all the creepy clown stereotypes and does it well…

IT’s horror mainly lies in jumpy scenes, there is no excess of blood and gore and leaves out the cheap thrills so you find yourself actually enjoying the film while still biting your nails (or if you’re anything like me actually screaming in the cinema). The plot is straight up, intense with a nice side order of humour. 

If you’re a horror movie fan then IT wont disappoint, but if you can’t sleep after ghost stories then I’d give IT a miss! 

.