Fashion Blog – Your Spring Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

As you pack up to go home for the Easter break, you’re smiling as you think of those long four weeks where you don’t have to worry about uni work. You also don’t have to worry about your wardrobe as I have picked out the essentials pieces that should be in your wardrobe this Spring.

White – This is the hot colour for Spring. Whether you choose to be brave and go for a pair of tailored trousers or a simple lace dress make sure something in your wardrobe is white. It’s clean and fresh – perfect for this season. Move out of your comfort zone and try something a little more daring. Just try not to spill anything while you wear it!

Sunglasses – Yes, that’s right! It’s finally time to dig out your glasses from last year or use this as an excuse to buy a new pair. Either way make sure you have a super stylish pair to see you through Spring and Summer. It may not be sunny just yet but fingers crossed in the next month or so the sun will be out and you can maybe catch a tan over the break! These are also a must if you are going to a Summer festival or a girls holiday.

Denim – Do it in denim this Spring. Chambray shirts are definitely still in style and so is everything else denim apparently. This year on my wish list is an Alexa Chung inspired denim pinafore that can be worn on its own, with a band tee or pretty floral shirt underneath.

Box Clutch – This season it’s all about the minimal look. So make no fuss with a simple little box clutch that’s big enough only for you purse, phone and keys. After all, nothing else is required in the minimalist world.

Mini Skirt – These are all over the high street in a range of designs. From Aztec to sequins, you’re pretty much spoilt for choice so there is no excuse for not having one in your wardrobe. They’re also really easy to style, as you can simply wear one with a plain tee or sheer shirt.

Statement Necklace – It’s easy to finish any look with a statement necklace as it can instantly update your outfit. Even better they’re great for taking you from uni to the bar meaning you don’t have to spend extra time picking out another outfit to wear. They’re also great for nights out when you don’t want to get too dressed up but still want to look as though you’ve made an effort.

Now you have a list of the items you need this spring there is no excuse not to go shopping asap. 

Images sources:

1.       http://www.glamour.com/images/fashion/2013/02/01-nyfw-trends-winter-white-w724.jpg

2.       http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/12/19/1355914142157/Statement-necklaces-the-w-015.jpg