Fashion Blog – Adorn Yourself

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Throughout winter all people can talk about is how cold the weather is and which hat and scarf combo they are going to buy to wrap up with. But stop right there! Winter isn’t just about wrapping up warmly, it’s also a time to get dressed up for parties and nights out with university society’s and courses.

Like me, the first item on your list of things to buy for this busy calendar of events is probably a show stopper dress. This year things are changing. I’m going to invest in my jewellery rather than my dress. Most years I head out into the cold like the hundreds of other Christmas shoppers fighting over the last beaded mini dress hoping I’ll be recognised as the best dressed at the party. That dress was £50 so I’ve definitely earned the attention. However, once the night is over the dress gets very little attention again, from both others and myself. So it’s about time that I make an investment purchase to wear this Christmas that will last more than just one night out.

Here are my top 5 Jewellery buys:

First up is the Ear Cuff, this style of earring has been out in the shops for quite a while now and was a festival favourite for many celebrities. For adding edge and extra attitude, check out this one from Topshop. It’s definitely on my shopping list and I can see it making an appearance throughout the year not just the festive period.

Next up is a long drop cross necklace like the ones from Made in Chelsea’s Caggie Dunlop’s collection ISWAI.co.uk. It’s perfect for wearing with a plain grey marl tee and jeans in the day or a little black dress on a night out. Crosses are very big right now too, so earn your style points with a simple accessory like this necklace.

Another attention grabbing necklace is this heavily beaded one from Zara. This is perfect to pair with a simple dress for Christmas and will be a great focus point of your outfit. For the rest of the year, this necklace will be best friends with a plain white tee to add a dash of glamour to a casual look.

Treat your fingers to some jewels as well with a beautiful cocktail ring like the ones from Accessorize. Your number one shop for on trend jewellery at a lost cost, there are so many options for you to choose from, I guarantee you’ll walk out with a handful of new rings to showcase.

Finally, try gorgeous gold bangle from Made for Asos. The Grecian pattern will never date and will look great in both Winter and Summer, especially with a tan! So, why not invest and get yours today? I’m definitely adding this beauty to my shopping basket ASAP! 

Image sources:

www.topshop.com

www.zara.co.uk