Fashion Blog – 28.11.11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

The best of the boots

This one’s for the Boys

I thought I would mix things up a little and do something for boys/for girls with boyfriends. With christmas looming every single female may already be dreading that NYE kiss, the taken ladies have problems of their own too – what to buy their boyfriends?

I get that with boys presents its either cheap or chic so the choices are limited on a budget BUT lynx, socks and boxers in my eyes are unacceptable presents girls so get those thinking caps on and get with it, no man wants to open up what their grandma could have bought them.

Here are a few brands/gift ideas that may or may not come in handy but seeing as your going to be getting a present back, it may be worth spending that little bit more. Think about it girls.

Gurl Crush: Models

Not only are these girls born with great bods, hair, teeth and skin, these girls also have style. It just isn’t fair. I don’t know where they are bred but we have got to go. Here are my three faves.

ERIN WASSON

I could not want to be Erin more. Her style is effortlessly edgy cool and she just always looks so beautiful without being girly. My biggest girl crush! 

Wasson has appeared on the covers of numerous fashion magazines, including French, Russian, Spanish and Australian Vogue. She has walked international runways for designers like Armani, Balenciaga, Cavalli, Gucci, and Karl Lagerfeld; in addition, she walked the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in 2005 (obviously). She has worked with photographers Steven Meisel, Nan Goldin, Mario Testino, Peter Lindbergh, Patrick Demarchelier and Ellen Von Unwerth. Her advertisement campaigns include Michael Kors, Scanlan & Theodore, Rolex, Tiffany & Co., J.Crew, Levi’s, H&M, and the Gap. Since 2002, Wasson has been the international face of Maybelline,Clinique and Max factor appearing in print ads and television commercials for the cosmetics brands.

MIRANDA KERR

This woman has THE most rocking body. Secondly she has the cutest little baby who managed not to ruin that rocking body and thirdly the babies daddy is ORLANDO BLOOM. If she wasn’t so great we would have to hate her.

In 2006, Kerr broke into the United States market when she signed a cosmetics contract with Maybelline New York. The campaign ran in a series of internationally sold women’s beauty magazines, including Cosmopolitan,Cleo and Elle, and was eventually featured in Victoria Secret’s catalogues. Following her success with Maybelline, Kerr became the first Australian model to be offered a contract with Victoria’s Secret in 2007, replacing Gisele. Kerr’s popularity continued to increase as one of the globally recognized Angels when she appeared in the Victoria’s Secret 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 televised runway shows, which aired on four continents.

ROSIE HUNTINGTON WHITELY

Rosie has the most amazing legs, lips and style. Loving that she is English too!

Since 2006, Huntington-Whiteley has modelled for Victoria’s Secret. The model made her Victoria’s Secret debut at the brands 2006 show in Los Angeles.

She remained unknown in the fashion industry up until 2008, when she was cast by chief creative director Christopher Bailey, for Burberry’s fall/winter campaign. She got her first British Vogue cover, for the November 2008 issue. Huntington-Whiteley received an Elle style award for 2009’s “Model of the Year”. In late 2009, Huntington-Whiteley officially became a Victoria’s Secrets Angel.

Hannah first joined Her Campus as part of the Illinois branch as a writer during her study abroad year at UofI. While in the US, Hannah joined Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority and subsequently began to write a weekly column for the Greek newspaper, The Odyssey. Now back home in the UK, Hannah has founded the first ever UK HC branch for her own university, The University of Leeds. She is in her final year of a Politics degree and is excited for the year ahead and what great things Her Campus Leeds will achieve. Outside of her studies, Hannah enjoys travel, fashion and being an alumni of The University of Leeds Celtics Cheerleading squad where she ran as PR Secretary for the committee during her 2nd year.