Donuts to ‘Cauli-wings’: Being Vegan in Leeds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Veganuary is over but can we keep up with our plant-based diets? I have taken the liberty of sampling vegan food from throughout Leeds to let you guys know where you can get your mid-week takeaways or cheeky donuts free from any animal produce.

Dukes Donuts and Coffee

You know the new donut shop we all rushed down to for our free donut on open day? Well (almost) everything at Dukes is vegan! Dukes has a huge range of vegan donuts, ice creams and milkshakes.

There are currently two Dukes in Leeds, one in Headingley and one in Leeds City Centre, and they even deliver on Uber Eats! Be sure to follow them on Instagram to see updates on their wonderful donuts.

‘Gro’ – the Co-Op Meal Deal

If you are a meal deal junkie like me, do not fear, our very own Student Union Co-Op has a range of ‘Gro’ wraps and sandwiches which are all vegan friendly. My favorite is the vegan Hoisin Duck Wrap, which is super tasty, but there are plenty of other options, so there’s really no excuse.

Vital Punk

Headingley babes, I’m about to introduce you to your new vegan fast food. If you have not checked out Vital Punk yet, you need to drop everything and head down there. You will no longer crave wings and cheesy chips, because you can now eat them guilt free. The ‘cauli-wings’ are my favourite but I am so excited to check out their vegan pizzas and desserts.

If you are one of the lucky ones that live closer to university, but further away from Vital Punk, don’t worry – they deliver on Just Eat too.

Who says that being vegan has to mean eating lettuce?

Words by Alice Colton.

Edited by Zoe Glasspool.

Philosophy student from the University of Leeds who watches way too much 'teen TV'. HC Leeds president 2020/21 <3  Read more on my blog: https://alicecolton.wixsite.com/website