Life > Experiences

Date Night Diaries: Episode 8 – Angelica Sunsets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

As winter slowly turns to spring, sunsets in Leeds are at their best, and this is a date night which makes the most of the golden skies along the Yorkshire skyline. 

At the higher end of the budget, above Trinity Shopping Centre, is a bar and restaurant called Angelica. You enter the restaurant to see a circular bar covered in beautiful flowers and vines. In my opinion, the food is way out of the student budget as mains range from £16.50 – £35 (with the majority being at the upper end of the range). However, the bar does do a “Sunset Hour” with 2-for-1 cocktails between 4pm-8pm. These cocktails include the popular Pornstar and Espresso Martinis as well as the Mojito, Daiquiri and an unusual yet unique Pear and Ginger. Outside of Golden Hour, there’s an even larger range of cocktails with different aesthetics, such as the Coco Tiki, which is similar to a Pina Colada but with a twist as it includes an ornate wooden cup decorated with a Tiki face. There is also a Chambord Menu, which includes some of their tastiest and fanciest options, including ‘Happily Ever After’ and ‘True Loves Kiss’, which is definitely perfect for that romantic date. In short, Angelica offers pretty much every cocktail, from the classics to the unusual. The restaurant and bar area is surrounded by windows so that you can sit and admire the view and there is also an outdoor terrace with various seatings and blankets to keep you warm. It is the perfect up-market rooftop bar which would impress any date, and so close to the restaurants below. 

Personally, I would suggest drinks during Angelica’s sunset hour and then heading to Wagamama or The Alchemist for some quality food. All in all, this date is definitely at the higher end of the student price range but is worth it for a memorable and meaningful date or for a special occasion!

Written by: Madeleine Brooks

Edited by: Harsheni Maniarasan

Need date night inspo? I give you the Date Night Diaries, where I rate different locations for student dates in Leeds.