Chilled Out Spring Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Spring Playlist

After the last of the snow has finally hit Britain, the weather is beginning to improve, flowers are staring to bloom, and spring is finally on the horizon. After all the snow, it was lovely to finally see the sun come out. Spring is my favourite season. It (usually) has the perfect weather which is neither to cold or hot (expect for pesky showers), it’s the time for Easter and chocolate eggs, and it’s the time for a new beginnings. To me, spring is all about hope. Its where the trees finally begin to grow their leaves after the loss of them from Autumn and Winter.

While walking past the shops today, I saw several flowers in packs and it was so beautiful to see. Some were in a variety of purple shades whilst daffodils were sprouting here there and everywhere. So many flowers are in bloom yet the trees still haven’t recovered their leaves, so it can make certain green areas look bare. Yet despite this, so many flowers are coming to life. Every time I see a green area, I always see at least a small group of them together. During my walk round the university, I saw several green areas filled with them, with the odd insect here and there to admire their beautiful colours. After all the snow that turned Leeds into a beautiful (yet slippery) wonderland, its lovely to see the sun come out and colour beginning to emerge everywhere you look. Particularly after today, it feels like spring is finally here and to celebrate this, I’ve put together a playlist for spring.

The songs below are not just happy, some of the lyrics are indicating that a good change is coming. After the cold harsh days of winter, I feel like more and more colour begins to show everywhere and this playlist reflects that. The playlist below is not in any order, but just a random assortment of songs full of hopeful, joyful tunes. To me, spring is a better time, so I have chosen songs which are either happy or sending a message of something better on the horizon. Whether you are stuck at home from the showers or simply enjoying the gentle spring sun, hopefully this playlist will be able to put a smile on your face.

Click here for the playlist

Here is the list below:

Brave-Sara Bareilles

Something Wild-Lindsey Stirling feat. Andrew McMahon

(Its Gonna Be) Okay-The Piano Guys

Running With the Boys-Lights

Sparks Fly-Taylor Swift

Tell Me Its Okay-Paramore

We Are Giants-Lindsey Stirling feat Dia Frampton

Stay Stay Stay-Taylor Swift

How to Love-Acoustic- Cash Cash feat Sofia Reyes

Love Today-Mika

Happy-Pharrell Williams

Welcome Home (Acoustic)-Joy Williams

Sweet Love of Mine (Acoustic)-Joy Williams

Eavesdrop-The Civil Wars

Everything has changed-Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran

Where the Fence is Low (Acoustic)-Lights

Poison and Wine-The Civil Wars

Have a lovely week everyone!

By Becky Abel