Celeb Goss Blog: What You Missed Last Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Europe Music Awards – Belfast played host for the first time this week to MTV’s Europe Music Awards. MTV awards being known for their shocking occurrences didn’t disappoint, with Hayden Panettiere being joined on stage by a male streaker who then proceeded to ask her out on a date to an Irish pub. The winners however were not much of a surprise, with Lady Gaga taking away four awards, and Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars both winning two.

Conrad Murray Guilty – The Jury finally came to a decision over the cause of Michael Jackson’s death at the trial of Jackson’s personal physician Dr Conrad Murray. Murray was found guilty of killing Michael Jackson with a lethal dose of anaesthetic and is being charged with involuntary manslaughter, which will result in him losing his medical license. He is to remain in custody until his sentencing on 29th November.

Frankie Cocozza X Factor Exit – There was another standard dose of X Factor drama this week when Frankie Cocozza quit after allegedly ‘breaking the rules of the show.’ He opened up about his behaviour outside of the show which included his use of cocaine and involvement with numerous girls on nights out, in a statement he said he will regret it for the rest of his life and admits to being ‘an idiot’. Last night the show gave viewers the chance to vote back in one of the contestants who left the show in the first week, which brought back the very popular Amelia Lily, putting Kelly Rowland back in the lead with three contestants.

Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 – The highly anticipated fourth Twilight film is to be released this Friday 18th November and is expected to be a huge hit at the box office with the first three films making a whopping $1.8billion. During the promotion of the film, Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart told press that the filming of the infamous sex scene in the fourth film was ‘awkward’ to film, and Kristen also admitted that they had to re-cut the scene several times due to it being ‘too steamy’ for their younger audiences, but I suppose these two are quite used to getting close to each other if they are a couple in real life?

I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here! – The line up of minor celebrities has been confirmed, which includes Coronation Street’s Antony Cotton, The Real Hustle’s Jessica Jane Clement, Hollywood actress Stefanie Powers and comedian Freddie Starr. Also entering the jungle is bassist Dougie Poynter from McFly, the band appear to be fully accomplishing the reality TV world at the moment with Harry Judd the band’s drummer tipped to win Strictly Come Dancing this year. Being an unashamed McFly fan myself, I am not going to be stuck for things to watch for the next few weeks!

Hannah first joined Her Campus as part of the Illinois branch as a writer during her study abroad year at UofI. While in the US, Hannah joined Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority and subsequently began to write a weekly column for the Greek newspaper, The Odyssey. Now back home in the UK, Hannah has founded the first ever UK HC branch for her own university, The University of Leeds. She is in her final year of a Politics degree and is excited for the year ahead and what great things Her Campus Leeds will achieve. Outside of her studies, Hannah enjoys travel, fashion and being an alumni of The University of Leeds Celtics Cheerleading squad where she ran as PR Secretary for the committee during her 2nd year.