This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

This week Her Campus Leeds talks to Sarah Coomb, Head of Charity for the Leeds RAG Fashion Show (LRFS).

Hi Sarah, thanks for talking to us today! So tell us a bit about yourself…

Hello! My name is Sarah Coomb and I study International Relations. I’m originally from East London and I love all things politics and international development. This year I am the Head of Charity for the Leeds RAG Fashion Show (LRFS).

How did you get involved with Leeds RAG Fashion Show?

I was coming into my final year of uni and I wanted to get more involved. I was told that LRFS were looking for committee members at the beginning of term, and once I saw there was a position for Head of Charity I thought it was perfect for me! I’ve got experience working with charities and as head of charity it is my role to promote these charities and to make sure that the charities we are supporting this year, Leeds Mencap and the Refugee Council, are at the heart of the fashion show, because the main aim of the show is to raise money for them. 

What is your favourite thing about the LRFS?

My favourite thing about LRFS is that it is a charity fashion show that has so much potential to raise lots money for well deserving charities! It is also raising a lot of awareness for these great causes because LRFS is one of the biggest events of the year.

What’s a typical week like for you?

Every Tuesday evening I go to the LRFS committee meeting with our huge committee of over 30 people where we get a chance to discuss and plan the fashion aspect, and all of our fundraising events. Throughout the rest of the week I will usually help out when the rest of the committee needs it, whether it be just generally helping each team or finding any information on the charities. My main job each week is to keep in touch with charities, Leeds Mencap and the Refugee Council, to keep them updated on the fashion show and other fundraising aspects.

How can people get involved in RAG/LRFS?

For RAG in general, follow their social media pages to see what kind of events they have coming up – there are so many ways to get involved with RAG throughout the year and to raise money for charities close to your heart! If people wanted to get involved with LRFS, we have another couple of events coming up as well as the main event where I’m sure we will need loads of people helping out with either the VIPs or the production team.

Anything exciting planned that we should know about?

We have a very exciting few months ahead of us! On the back of a very successful launch party, our next event is the LRFS Winter Warmer in the LUU and Terrace on 8th December, 4-7pm. It will be a lovely laid back event with festive stalls, live music, mulled wine, and mince pies all to get everyone in the festive spirit! All proceeds once again go to the amazing charities LRFS is supporting this year – Leeds Mencap and the Refugee Council. And of course the main event the Leeds RAG Fashion Show is on 11th February 2016.

Image Sources – 

Cover image – http://www.leedsrag.org.uk/events/fashion-show/