Campus Celebrity: Kate Mansfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

This week Her Campus Leeds talks to our very own Kate Mansfield, PR Secretary for HC Leeds!

Hi Kate! Tell us a bit about yourself…

Hi, I’m Kate! I’m from the Wirral and I am in second year studying Business Management. I’m also the PR Secretary for Her Campus Leeds!

How did you get involved with Her Campus Leeds?

I started out by writing a fashion blog for Her Campus in first year, I saw a post advertising them on Instagram and thought it looked like a great society to get involved in. I enjoyed it so much I decided to apply to be part of the committee this year! My role involves leading a team to make sure promotion of Her Campus is maximised; ensuring the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account is posted on daily. I also look for businesses to sponsor Her Campus; this year we have been involved with Victoria Secret Pink and Pastille Beauty which has been great!

What’s a typical week like for you?

Aside from being involved in Her Campus, I’m also a member of Dancesport society which is Ballroom and Latin dancing. At the beginning of the year I would practice on a Monday and Wednesday and have a lesson every Tuesday, and sometimes compete at the weekend. Now it has came to the end of the year, sadly all the competitions are over and therefore practice has ended! I try to see my friends as much as possible and also attend all of the fab Her Campus socials! Last Friday we were lucky enough to attend the Riley awards followed by a spontaneous Fruity trip, and this Monday we had a team meal at Rustica which was fun!

The Her Campus Leeds Committee en route the the Riley Awards last week!

What’s your favourite thing about the society?

I love how friendly everyone at Her Campus is! Whether it is attending a bowling trip or tackling a Fairy Otley Run, everyone is made to feel welcome! The society is extremely flexible, which means you can be involved and write as much or as little as you want. This is particularly helpful around exam time.

What are the most exciting things going on in your life at the moment?

Other than going to see the Jungle Book tonight (which is definitely worth a watch) that is about as exciting as my life gets at the moment! I have a 4000 word essay to write and three exams to revise for so my life is a bundle of joy. Her Campus have recently launched their paper based limited edition Spring magazine though, so if you haven’t already be sure to grab your copy for £2 and procrastinate away!

Anything else to add?

If you haven’t already make sure you get involved with Her Campus Leeds next year! It’s such a fun, easy going society to be involved in – you’re missing out!