Best Rooftop Bars in Leeds

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

The Best Rooftop Bars in Leeds 

We had three days of amazing sun in Leeds last week and although it’s meant to rain for the imminent future, here’s an easy guide to the best rooftop bars in Leeds for when the sun does come out next. 

1. Headrow House 

Headrow House has TWO roof terraces! This is the perfect place for a drink on a sunny day. With good cocktails, a massive selection of beer and an outdoor kitchen you can’t go wrong. They also do events throughout the month in their beer hall so it’s a great place to check out.

Price: Reasonable (££) 

2. Belgrave Music Hall 

Belgrave Music Hall has a cool rooftop terrace. This place always has a great atmosphere too. Downstairs there’s a canteen which sells the BEST pizzas by the slice and lots of other great food. Also, your first two slices are half price until 7pm Sunday-Thursday and 5pm Friday and Saturday. 

Price: Reasonable (especially if you get there before 7 and you get pizza for £1.20 a slice!!) (££)

3. East 59th

A New York style Rooftop Bar and Grill, East 59this also a good place to have a drink in the sun. With classic American dishes such as burgers, ribs, and fresh seafood this is the place to go if you’re hungry. They do a daily special so check that out before going if you want a good deal. If you do head down, be sure to check out the bottomless brunch (though you may need to book!).

Price: Not bad for a decent meal and a fancy cocktail (££-£££) 

4. Angelica 

Probably the one with the best view of Leeds city centre, Angelica has a great rooftop bar and restaurant. Located in the Trinity, Angelica is perfect if you want to treat yourself. With a brunch and all-day dining menu you can grab a drink, food and a great view here whenever you want. I’d recommend going on a Thursday between 5-9pm when there’s two cocktails for £12 (with a mini treat). This week it’s a Berry cocktail with a mini berry platter or tart. This is a great place to go if you want to impress someone or want to show off the best of Leeds! 

Price: Pretty expensive (£££) 

5. Issho 

Again, it’s little more on the fancy side, Issho is a new Japanese restaurant in the Victoria Gate. Their rooftop terrace is packed with comfy sofas and has a lovely modern feel. They have a really good cocktail menu with pretty much anything you could want. Also Monday to Thursday, 5pm- 7pm, you get a plate of Yakitori or Zucchini Wafu with each cocktail. This would be a great place to go for a date or a ‘let’s spend all my student loan’ blow out. 

Price: Quite expensive (£££) 

Alex Millward

(images taken from bar websites)