Agony Aunts – Fran & Chan: Your Love Life Sorted

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

Hi guys! We hope you were lucky enough to enjoy some fireworks this bonfire night and didn’t – like us – have to give it a miss and stay stuck in doors stressfully writing essays! Anyway, we’re back again this week to answer more of your love problems. Keep emailing HC Leeds with any questions you have and we will do our best to help, whilst keeping them completely anonymous!

I used to date someone but it just didn’t work out, so we ended things but we’re still friends. The problem is that I’ve now fallen in love with his best friend and I know he feels the same way, we just don’t think we can tell him.

You don’t say how long you’ve been broken up for, but if you’ve had time to move on, the chances are he may have moved on too. We think you just need to get it out in the open and tell him the truth. You both can’t help how you feel, and he may eventually be okay with it, but the longer it goes on behind his back, the more you will both hurt him. Just tell him before it’s too late, and when you do, make sure he knows how important his friendship is to the both of you and hopefully he will want you both to be happy.

I recently met a guy on a night out through a friend. It was a great night and he was very drunk but very flirty, repeatedly asking me for my number. I then found out he had a girlfriend, which humiliated me. But since that night I just haven’t been able to get him out of my head! What should I do?!

Well, you have practically answered this one yourself. For starters, he has a girlfriend, which means this is a no-go area. You also mention that he was drunk, another sign he probably isn’t thinking about this as seriously as you are. We hate to tell you this, but by the sounds of it, he probably hasn’t given you a second thought since this night, depending how drunk he was, he may not even remember it. But, we think this is for the best, as it shows you what kind of guy he really is if he can carelessly flirt with you whilst having a girlfriend. We think you dodged a bad egg here.

I’ve recently met a guy who I think I’m really starting to fall for. This would normally be great, however, next year I’m going to work abroad for the whole of summer. Should I rethink my plans now?

We don’t think you should ever let a boy interfere with your future. On one hand, you may still be together by next summer, but on the other hand, you may have broken up by next month. You shouldn’t make a decision now that you may regret later on down the line. If you are still together by next summer, you can still make it work, just like many other people in long-distance relationships do, and remember, you’ll only be away for that one summer. Working abroad for this summer is something you’ve obviously always planned to do, so you shouldn’t let a guy change this.

…Remember there is no problem too small, no problem too big, and no problem too embarrassing!…

Sources:

Image 1

Image 2 property of the authors