3 Original Things To Do in London

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

3 Original Things To Do in London

In this post, I want to talk to you about three spots I have discovered in London that you should check out if you want to avoid the usual crowds of tourists. London is a stunning place, I spent three months interning there last summer and I popped back for a quick visit last week as I simply couldn’t stay away. During those seven days I decided to go a step further and properly explore the city, skipping all the places where I had already been in order to see what London has to offer off the typical tourist route.

I have selected one place that is worth a look if you’re after something cultural, one that serves delicious food all day every day, and finally, being the shopaholic I am, somewhere that I consider an absolute temple of fashion. Without further ado, these are the three spots that you should put on your must-see list the next time you visit the capital, not only because they are stunning or interesting, but also because they will add a cool and unusual twist to your trip.

The Barbican Centre:

This place is like a brutalist wonderland; if you love architecture and design you cannot miss it. The interior of the Barbican Centre holds private residences, a shopping centre, places to eat, a famous art centre and more. Essentially, it’s like a giant undercover city out of a futuristic sci-fi, where they have everything they need to survive without ever leaving the building. I would particularly recommend checking out the inside gardens and fountains, which are beyond stunning.

Location: Barbican Centre, Silk Street, London, EC2Y 8DS

Brick Lane Beigel Bake:

Fancy breakfast 24/7? If so, this is the place for you. Beigel Bake is a bakery that makes fresh bagels all day and all night, located in the middle of Brick Lane. No joke, this is the best place in the area to go for a bite to eat. Over my seven days in the city I had more than TEN smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels, each one for less than £2. They also have vegetarian and vegan options, so if you’re looking for something delicious and inexpensive, they will not let you down.

Location: 159 Brick Lane, London, E1 6SB

Beyond Retro:

I don’t have the words to describe this place, but it is for sure the best vintage shop I have ever seen. This shop takes up a massive space near Brick Lane and all the clothes are not only in perfect condition, but also handily organized by decade. If you want to find a cool dress for a special occasion or you are just sick and tired of being a basic Zara girl (no offence, I also love Zara), this is a necessary spot to hit while in London. 

Fashion Tip: Do not miss the range of clothes from Studio 54, they are just unbelievably good.

Location: 110-112 Cheshire St, London, E2 6EJ

Thanks for reading, and I hope this helps you get the most out of your next London trip! xx

Silvia Calvo

All the pictures: @silvis_cs

https://www.instagram.com/silvis_cs/

Spanish girl living in Leeds and dreaming with Madrid. I study Journalism and Humanities, I am a fashion lover and that is why I'm here. Follow me on @silvis_cs  
.