This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

It is no strange fact to people who know me that Easter is my favourite holiday and easter eggs are my favourite form of chocolate! They are in my opinion the perfect option.

You have the egg which is thin enough to not be too sticky and thick enough to still have a taste. Then you get the extras giving you an opportunity to try new chocolates without completely wasting your money if you don’t like them.

All year I look forward to easter, to the new eggs that come out and some of my returning favourites to make a re-appearance. However, to be able to make the most of all the eggs in such a short period of time in which you can buy them, it is important to know what’s good this year.

Firstly, when picking an easter egg to buy this year it’s important to know what to look for. In my opinion, the best easter eggs are the plain ones, by which I mean there is nothing added to the egg other than flavourings! For example, last year’s new white Oreo egg was filled with Oreo pieces and to me, it just feels too exciting and it takes away the simplicity that I enjoy in an egg. 

Secondly, to me the importance of an easter egg is for it to remain as an egg shape, this may sound obvious however many supermarkets have begun to release different kinds of eggs. Like Morrisons this year released doughnut-shaped easter eggs, I’m sure that they are delicious however I prefer a plain and simple egg.

Lastly, it is essential to compare what is new this year in comparison to what you know you already love. If you know you love all dairy milk you can be safe in buying any of the new dairy milk eggs that are released every year however, if you do not like specific things like raisins and supermarkets release a raisin egg even though you like the specific chocolate its made from, I would stay clear of the egg.

Let’s talk about what eggs are new this year:

One of the eggs that I am most excited about is the new dairy milk chocolate fingers egg. Although It does include little pieces of biscuits which goes against my no pieces in the egg rule, I have been waiting for a chocolate fingers egg for as long as I can remember and it sounds outrageously delicious. A definite crowd-pleaser for easter.

Another one that I have already had a couple of this year is the Twirl orange easter egg. Permanent chocolate orange has now made its own way into easter egg and I am down for it. The orange twirl is delicious in itself but the egg is flavoured with orange and has become one of my favourites, I would definitely give it a go.

Waitrose this year have released a Blonde easter egg with hidden truffles which are an absolute delight. Taking a risk and steering away from the typical milk chocolate has paid off as this egg is to die for and a definite reoccurring contender.

Nestle KitKat has also partnered with Lotus Biscoff to create an egg. It is a plain KitKat egg that is paired with three KitKat chunky x Biscoff bars. With the popularity of Biscoff at the moment, I can see this egg being one of the most popular this year.

These are just among some of the eggs that I would look out for this year however, there are many new ones that I’m sure you will love. If you are looking to find something new I would look in the supermarkets as they are coming out with a lot of unique flavoured eggs and I’m sure there is something for everyone. Happy Indulging!

Words by: Hayley Seagrave

Edited by: Ruchi Sohni

Just a third year politics student, still feeling like a fresher. (Uni goes too fast)