This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

After a long and cold winter season, the weather is finally getting warmer, and we can start dressing up for spring. Let’s be real, winter did come with a lot of good fashion trends, but spring 2022 will have even better trends you can follow. It’s time to cheer up, put your most comfy clothes on and read about 10 of this spring’s fashion trends.

1. Pastels
  2. Tube tops
  3. Hot pink and Lime green
  4. Funky prints and patterns
  5. Cargos
  6. Trousers
  7. Low rise
  8. Mini skirts
  9. Co-ords
  10. Embroidery and crochet

Pastels

Spring is packed with colourful clothes, and you will see it a lot on the streets. One of the biggest trends this spring is pastels. Pastel everything! you will see pastel shoes, pastel bottoms, and pastel tops. Although pastels have been a trend for a long time, this year they will be taken to the next level. This trend will most likely stay throughout summer as well, so investing in some good pastel clothing is a must.

Tube tops

Tube tops have had their moments before, and this spring it will come back. Basic tube tops in black and white is a good staple to have in your closet but mixing this trend with other trends could be so much fun. Tube tops scream beach vibes, and this trend looks amazing on every body type which is the best part about it!

Hot pink and lime green

We love a good colourful moment, and this spring these two colours will grab your attention. Hot pink will give you your barbie, highlighter moment and it will make you the hottest person walking on the streets. Lime green has been around as a micro trend before, but this spring you will see lime green dresses, tops, and bottoms. We love a good neon moment!

Funky prints and patterns

Plaid and floral prints have always been a good spring trend, but this year you will see even more funky prints and patterns. Stripes, checkers, and animal prints are making a huge comeback this spring, and we love to see it. Wearing prints and patterns are a great way to create a more fun and inspiring outfit.

Cargos

Cargo pants, do we need to say more? Cargo pants was a trend a few years back, and we are happy that it is making a comeback. Cargo pants have been seen everywhere, and after pastels, it is one of the biggest trends this spring. More specifically baggy, mid-rise cargo pants. Not only are cargo pants a trend, but cargo skirts are also becoming one of this year’s trends. It´s giving Y2K vibes.

Trousers

Suit trousers are one of the trends that are a must-have! They can be dressed up and dressed down, and you can get them in so many colours. This trend has been around for a while and continues to make comebacks in the spring. Not only are they super comfortable, but they also look super good! Wide leg, high-waisted trousers with an oversized blazer makes the most iconic outfit ever.

Low rise

Low rise jeans, skirts and shorts made a huge comeback last year and it is still a big trend this spring. This trend is not to everyone’s taste, which is very understandable, but it is all over the runway. You can style low rise bottoms in many ways, and it is a good way to explore your style and try out something different!

Mini skirts

Mini or almost micro skirts made a huge comeback on the runway this spring. The smaller, the better, and this trend can also be combined with the low rise trend. This trend is once again not to everyone´s taste, but it is for sure a great way to make your legs look longer! Mini skirts are going to be around for summer as well, and it is amazing.

Co-ords

Find your favourite colour and wear it from top to bottom. Matching your tops and bottoms in the same colour, pattern or print is a huge trend this spring, and we are loving it! The biggest trend when it comes to co-ords is wearing a collared top with matching shorts. Perfect for a warmer day. For a colder spring night, wearing matching trousers instead of shorts is all you need!

Embroidery and Crochet

Crochet became a huge trend during the lockdown when no one had anything to do, and it is still a big trend. Crochet tops, dresses, bottoms and even tote bags are a good way to add some details to your outfit. Embroidery on clothing, like t-shirts and sweatshirts have been around for a while, but now you can see them on jeans, bags, and baseball caps.

Words by: Nora Anglen

Edited by: Ruchi Sohni

Hi, my name I Nora Anglen. I am 20 years old, and I'm originally from Norway. I moved from Norway to England to study journalism at The University of Leeds.