You Are A Nugget: Inspiration from Emma Watson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.
I can understand if you don’t always believe the motivational posts I make. After all, who am I, a simple college student, to tell you about success? I understand you may need evidence to support believing in yourself and fighting for what you want.

So I give you Emma Watson and her accomplishments to help you find some inspiration
.
At the age of 11 and after only having acted in 6 school plays, Emma Watson decided to audition for Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. It could have been easy for her to be afraid and to doubt herself going up against so many other little actresses. The odds were stacked against her. But she believed in her dream and auditioned anyhow. And look what it got her!
After the Harry Potter movies came to an end, everyone expected Emma to either continue making movies or to fall of the face of the earth. (Really they expected that of all of the kids.) But what did she do? She went to an Ivy League school. After priorities that were not necessarily academic and having many people right her off as a pretty face, Emma still believed in her own intellect and graduated from Brown University in 2014 with a degree in English Literature. And she looked pretty flawless while doing it! 

After Brown, people were skeptical. “Sure she got into an Ivy League, she has a ton of money! That doesn’t mean she’s smart.” Once again, Emma proved everyone wrong. In 2014, she was appointed UN Women’s Goodwill Ambassador. She started the HeForShe campaign promoting gender equality across all nations and gave a powerful speech about it in front of the entire UN. Emma continues to use her heart, intelligence, and influence to talk about global issues. She is role model for many and a sign of hope for future generations. 

So what have we learned from Emma Watson? That YOU are your biggest supporter. All you need to do is trust yourself and go for your dreams. People may not always believe in you, but all that should do is give you the motivation to propel forward even farther.

Not everyone is perfect. But if you live your life believing in yourself like Emma Watson does, you might just come pretty darn close. 
Brooke is a junior Communications major with an Arts Administration minor. She has a concentration in journalism and a strong interest in PR. Brooke's everyday life consists of trying to make other people feel good, drooling over One Direction, and making Harry Potter references.
Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.