gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What Would You Say to Your Ex?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

I have come to the conclusion that break-ups suck. The mention of an ex’s name, a few bars of the first song you danced to, even a special food you once shared can trigger a tidal wave of emotions to come crashing into you all at once; anger, pain, sadness, relief, confusion, many and more. No matter what the cause of a break-up, no matter the end result, these feelings can linger for a very long time. So, what would you say to your ex?

“Suck my a$$.” 
-M.L

“Sorry I wasn’t as interested in you as I pretended to be.” 
-C.W

“I hope you enjoy the stomach ulcers you’ll develop from all the cheap vodka you drink, have fun being a college drop out.” 

-A.V

“Thank you for becoming my gay best friend.” 
-I.T

“It never became clear how much more effort I was putting into our relationship than you were until it was over, I wish I could have seen that sooner.” 

-M.S

“You suck!” 
-I.T

“I’m glad we can still text each other on holidays” 
-M.L

“I laughed when I found out you and your new girlfriend were arrested, glad I got out of that one.” 

-C.W

“I blocked your number.” 
-T.W

“If I could run back into your arms right now I would, and I hate that you still have such an effect on me.” 

-T.M

“All I wanted was for you to hold me, but you let go.” 
-R.C

“F**k you.” 
-Almost every person I asked

“Don’t disrespect my family.” 
-J.V

“Kinda creepy and immature how you stalked me senior year of high school after we broke up.” 

-E.A

“I would love to say that we can be friends, and maybe one day we will, but right now I’m just too enraged to see the good in you anymore.” 

-G.O

“I packed up your hoodies, but I haven’t gotten around to bringing them back yet.” 

-M.S

“I hope you smell what’s coming atcha.” 

“I don’t know if i’ll ever find anyone like you again.” 
-D.C

I’m stronger now without you.” 
-F.U

“We were just two people going on different paths in life and we had to go our separate ways. It kills me everyday that we didn’t try harder.” 

-A.D

“Sorry you wasted my time.” 
-M.L

“I know who I am now and I’m glad you gave me this chance to discover who I am.” 

-S.S

“I don’t think that there was anything we could have done to prevent us breaking up, it just such we were together for so long, were we just wasting time?” 

-J.S

“Saying I love you three days into a relationship is not the way to keep a girl.” 

-C.W

“I don’t think i’ll ever take you back.” 
-M.D

“I hope you get what you deserve.” 
– P.G 

“I don’t want to be with you anymore, but the thought of you being with other girls really upsets me.” 

-A.Z

“A really great way to break up with someone is to call them fat…” 
-J.V

“Karma’s a bitch.” 
– N.F

“Thank you for showing me what I do NOT want in a man.” 
– L.K

Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.