What Do Men Really Prefer? Natural vs. Glam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

One question that has always been asked of men is what do they prefer their woman to look like. Many women try to doll themselves up in order to attract men; however, what men actually want is completely different to what women think they want. In order to find out what turns men off and on I went straight to the source and asked real men the question on what they prefer: natural or glam?     

Q&A: Norman Clarke 22 Years old

Q: Do you prefer a woman who has just rolled  out of bed as opposed to when she’s all dolled up?  Rolled out of bed I don’t want a dolled up girl..Wait correction I don’t want a girl that needs to always     get dolled up

Q: Do you prefer a face full of make up or a natural plain face?

A plain face because a face full of make-up is too fake it’s not the girl

Q: Do you prefer heels or sneakers?

Sneakers as long as she is comfortable

Q:Do you agree with Drake when he says “ Sweat pants  Hair tired chillin with no makeup that’s when you’re the prettiest I hope that you don’t take it wrong?

Yes because that is the real person because when the makeup comes off there can be a completely different person underneath and not in a good way

Q: When  you think of a sexy woman who pops into your head ?

It has  to be Alicia Keys

Q&A: Roney Montanero ,22 Years Old

Q: Do you prefer a face full of makeup or a natural plain face?

I don’t want to know if she has makeup if she does have any

Q: When you think a sexy woman who is a person that pops up in your head

My girlfriend <3

Q: What catches your attention when you first meet a woman?

It has to be her eyes..It’s the way they look at me

Q: What to you is the ideal look for a woman when you’re on a date?

For me it is when it’s when there dressed appropriately for the occasion and the weather

Q:  Do you like when a girl is wearing sweat pants or is dressed up?

I like for me to be comfy that’s all that matters

Q&A: Brandon Lewis, 21 years old

Q: Do you prefer when she’s just rolled out of bed as opposed to being all dolled up?

All dolled up all the way

Q: Do you prefer a face full of make up or the natural plain face?

It needs to be a medium some people need it while some people don’t

Q: Do prefer heels or sneakers?

Depends on the occasion but heels are sexier

Q: Do you agree with Drake when he says “ Sweat pants  Hair tired chillin with no makeup that’s when you’re the prettiest I hope that you don’t take it wrong?

For some people this is true and others not so much

Q:  When you think of a sexy woman who pops into your head?

Rihanna and Meghan Good for sure

After doing these interviews, I came to the conclusion that what men want is a bit different from what we think they want. Men just want us to be comfortable and confident with ourselves and once we are then that’s when we truly become sexy. 

Christine Matos
Camlyn will be a senior at Le Moyne college in the Fall of 2012. She's majoring in Communications with a concentration in Print Journalism and is a Creative Writing minor. As an NYC native, Camlyn indulges in anything that involes fashion and daily lifestyles. She aspires to be something like the modern day Carrie Bradshaw, as a magazine journalist for one of her favorite magazines. She has interned with Mercedes Sanchez, founder of her own fashion and beauty blog, BeChicMag.com and ELLE Magazinge. Along with being a HC Correspondent, Camlyn is the PR representative to the Latino based club on campus, El Progreso.More than anything, Camlyn is just super excited to be a part of the HC team! <33