Valentine’s Day 2016: Netflix and Alcohol

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

14 Things to Watch on Netflix this Valentine’s Day and Their Alcoholic Pairings

Whoever said Valentine’s Day isn’t for single people clearly was never single. Even if you are in a relationship, enjoy this V-day with an inexpensive alternative: Netflix and alcohol.

1. Scandal and Red Wine

If you have ever seen the ABC hit, Scandal then you understand Olivia Pope’s obsession with red wine. As you indulge in this political drama that will leave you questioning the government, your relationship goals, and the level of badass you possess, enjoy some red wine of your own.

2. Pretty Woman and Whiskey

Sure she’s, a hooker but let’s not forget the real lesson behind Pretty Woman, class. What is more classy then a whiskey (neat)? Pair that whiskey with some seafood and enjoy yourself a classy dinner while also enjoying Julie Roberts and Richard Gere.

3. Gossip Girl and Martinis

If you have ever seen an episode of Gossip Girl, then you understand how significant Martinis are to the plot. Without this beverage, Serena may never have had to leave the Big Apple, and Blair wouldn’t have hated her best friend for the majority of the show. Yet, good things came from this “fancy” drink: Chuck and Blair, Serena and Nate, and Lilly Bass as her kick ass self. So enjoy the wild adventures of this Big Apple world as you question why your high school couldn’t be as cool.

4. American Horror Story and Long Island Ice Teas

While I have never watched AHS, from what I can surmise, every episode is crazy. It is a show about mentally unstable people who continue on a journey of craziness. What better pairing than Long Island Ice Teas? If you have ever consumed a Long Island Ice Tea then you understand the effects a few of these can have.

5. Grey’s Anatomy and Tequila

Grab the tissues, your person, some Tequila and be ready to dance, cry, and scream all in a matter of thirty seconds.

6. Mad Men and Bourbon

This isn’t the show for everyone but if you want an insight into the 1950-60s, then look no further. From gray suits to prim and proper women, Mad Men, has its fair share of scenes involving alcohol. Grab a stiff Bourbon or two and be transported through to an era that was actually not too long ago.

7. Gilmore Girls and Coffee with Bailey’s

As you slowly become addicted to Gilmore Girls, enjoy a cup of coffee with Bailey’s for every cup Lorelei orders.

8. How I Met Your Mother and Beer

Grab your favorite beer and become a part of the gang that includes “Have you met Ted,” doppelgängers, and Barney’s ridiculous yet sometimes successful one liners.

9. The Titanic and Bloody Mary’s

Let’s be blunt for a moment. Everyone including Jack dies and you know that Rose is to blame. She couldn’t move over slightly so he could fit?! Nevertheless, enjoy yourself, a Bloody Mary or a few as you embark on one of the greatest love stories of all time.

10. Army Wives and Sex on the Beach

Right now, I would rather be on a beach then stuck in a crammed, loud, overheated dorm room that shakes every time there is wind, but we have to be grateful for what we have. So escape into the sunshine of Fort Marshall as you become entwined and addicted to the lives of these four army wives and one army husband.

11. When Harry Met Sally and White Wine

Is life really complete without enjoying a Meg Ryan classic? Of course not! So enjoy a classic Meg Ryan this Valentine’s Day with a side of white wine.

12. The Tudors and Champagne

Be transported back to a time where England ruled it all through corruption, betrayal, and pure hatred. Enjoy a toast to our good neighbors, the British!

13. Friends and Vodka

With a reunion in the works, its time to binge watch all of your favorite Friends episodes.

14. One Tree Hill and Rum and Coke

You are going to need something strong yet sweet to survive the heartbreak you will face watching OTH. From Nathan and Haley to Brooke Davis to Lucas Scott, be prepared for the unexpected.

Don’t be sad this Valentine’s Day if you don’t have a date because there is always Netflix and liquor. So drink responsibly and Happy Valentine’s Day!

Sarah Touey is a traveler, entrepeneur, and college student. Growing up in Pringle, Pennsylvania Sarah is a graduate of Wyoming Seminary College Prep and is a senior at Le Moyne College. A dual Marketing & Finance Major, Sarah spends her time outside the classroom with her friends, exploring Central New York, and staying an active member of the Le Moyne community. Chapter Lead for Her Campus, Student Coordinator for the Jesuit University Humanitarian Action Network, Class Representative for the Le Moyne Student Programming Board, and Vice President of Amnesty International & Habitat for Humanity. Besides staying active at Le Moyne. Sarah is the Founder & CEO of "GT: The Next Generation of Marketing". Sarah's passions including volunteering, advocacy, and sports. 
Inez Timberger is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for HC Le Moyne! She is studying Communications with a strong focus in film and TV. Inez's life consists of everything pop culture and Netflix. She is also a part of LCTV, a student run TV news program, and Le Moyne Makes Movies. Inez enjoys fashion, makeup and healthy stuff.