This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Monday night was the annual Grammy Awards ceremony. The 58th Grammy Awards was a night of incredible talent, but it was a night for incredible designers to shine as well. The red carpet was full of epic fashions that stole the show. Here are the best looks of the Grammys.

Best Black Ensemble

There was a plethora of black dresses and suits on the red carpet this year. The Weeknd and girlfriend Bella Hadid looked like a match made in heaven. Hadid rocked an Alexandre Vauthier plunging neck dress with cut-outs while The Weeknd sported a custom, all black Givenchy suit. Their looks complimented each other perfectly and made them king and queen of the all black ensemble.

Best in Red

Many of the stars went for bright color looks and it was the bright reds that stole the show. Kehlani was absolutely stunning in this Juan Carlos Obando dress. Her dark hair and red lip completed the look. The “Did I” singer slayed her first Grammy red carpet.

Best Executed Avant Garde Look 

There were many avant garde styles on the red carpet this year. Some were fantastic while others were flops. Skylar Grey had the best looking daring dress; her black and nude, sheer, mock-neck dress was perfect in its own quirky way. While most magazines will be quick to throw this look on the worst dress list, there are redeeming qualities that make this dress a favorite of the night. This look wasn’t over-accessorized. Grey sported a gorgeous rock and strappy heels, neither of which took away from the dress. The top-knot with the smoky eye was icing on the cake, pulling the look together. 

Best Bowie Tribute Look 

This was a narrow competition between Gaga and Zendaya, but Mother Monster conquered. Gaga took an artistic approach to incorporating Ziggy into her red carpet look. Her custom Marc Jacobs jacket turned dress completed tribute look so well. It was so fitting for her to walk the carpet in a Bowie inspired look before her amazing performance.

Best Slit

Who doesn’t love a good slit? Ciara’s sky-high slit left little to the imagination, but was so flawless hugging her amazing figure. This Alexandre Vauthier dress gave us a little bit of everything; a little bit of side boob, a little bit of booty, and a whole lot of sexy!

Best Dressed Couple

Chrissy Teigen and husband John Legend stole the red carpet for best dressed couple. Teigen looked flawless in her Yousef Al-Jasmi dress that gorgeously silhouetted her baby bump, while Legend sported a black Gucci suit with brown accents. The couple looked stunning.

Best Dressed Man
Sam Smith stole the red carpet. Not only did he look dapper AF in his navy Thom Sweeney suit with the gray tie to accent the look, but the “Stay With Me” singer slimmed down and looked like a completely different person. Keep up the great work Sam!

Best Dressed

Ellie Goulding stole the night with her gorgeous pale-pink number from Stella McCartney. At first a glance this dress looks very simple, but once Goulding turned around, it was a different story. The silver-chain back was not only elegant, but edgy as well. This detail along with Goulding’s messy hair took this dress from sweet to sexy.

Photos courtesy of eonline.com, enelbrasero.com, static.vibe.com, and peoplestylewatch.com

A tattoo loving, social media addict with a slight coffee addiction. Stay caffeinated.
Songwriter. Lover of music, food, and man buns.