Phin Phitness: Conquering Your Exercise Issues

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Hello ladies, Valerie here again to give you a workout tip for this week! Our target area for this week is our back.
Most of us struggle with that annoying bra flab…trust me ladies, I feel your pain! I struggle with that annoying bulge too, but this power move is here to help us ladies destroy that excessive flab!

This power move is called the: Bird Dog

Here’s how you to do it:

Start off by getting on all fours and then put your hands straight underneath your shoulders and put your knees directly under your hips. Make sure your fingers are pointing forward. Next, you want to engage that core and your abs. Keep a neutral position and pull your shoulder blades towards your hips. Raise your left arm in front of your body and raise your right leg behind your body.  This is the “bird position” so make sure you hold this position and keep your lower ab muscles engaged while you lean yourself forward. Next, slowly leans your body in the opposite direction while bringing your hips toward your heels. Repeat the whole process about 5 times or like I always do whatever you are comfortable with!

Valerie’s workout playlist of the week:

Troublemaker – Olly Murs ft. Timbaland
Reach For The Stars – Will.I.Am
Finally Found You – Enrique Iglesias ft. Sammy Adams
Hands In The Air – Timbaland ft. Ne-Yo
Bring It Back – Travis Porter
She Wolf – David Guetta ft. Sia
Weightless- All Time Low
No Interruption- Hoodie Allen
Don’t You Worry Child- Swedish House Mafia
Pump It- Black Eyed Peas

Junior Communications Major with a concentration in Journalism. Minors in Creative Writing, Art, English, and Business.