This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

You’ve loved me unconditionally for 22 long, hard years and I don’t think I thank you enough. I know that between my anxiety induced mood swings and relentless need for validation, it can’t be easy to be my mother. But somehow you manage to look past all of that and still go above and beyond. You didn’t have to help me pay to buy my car, you didn’t have to help me pay to fix said car, and you certainly didn’t have to support some of the risky decisions I’ve made.

I’ve been able to count on you my entire life and I know not everyone is lucky enough to have that. The things that you’ve taught me about people, the world, and myself will stay with me far longer than any other lesson (sorry professors, but you’ll never hold a candle to her knowledge). To be honest, without you, I know I’d be an entirely different person because YOU are the strength inside of me. You’re strong enough to carry both of us through the turmoil that is life and you do it without asking for anything in return. I wish I could give you back a fraction of what you give me. I wish I had a better way to thank you than writing it out in blog form. But this is what I know best.

So thank you for sticking with me when I couldn’t even handle being with myself. Thank you for always trying to help me fix myself. Thank you for the times you’ve admitted your mistakes and the times you taught me to admit mine. Thank you for all the times you’ve bailed me out of tough situations and all the nights you talked me through difficult decisions. Thank you for always being on my side while still showing me people have different perspectives that are valid. Thank you for always being my safe place, my rock in this crazy world.

I love you more than any open letter could ever express and you’ll forever be my best friend.

Brooke is a junior Communications major with an Arts Administration minor. She has a concentration in journalism and a strong interest in PR. Brooke's everyday life consists of trying to make other people feel good, drooling over One Direction, and making Harry Potter references.
Inez Timberger is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for HC Le Moyne! She is studying Communications with a strong focus in film and TV. Inez's life consists of everything pop culture and Netflix. She is also a part of LCTV, a student run TV news program, and Le Moyne Makes Movies. Inez enjoys fashion, makeup and healthy stuff.