This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

It is time once again for nail art, spring time edition. These spring nails are quick, fast, and easy to do.  It’s also great in preparing to go home for Spring Break as well as Easter Break. You can paint your nails or paint your friends’. So get your nail polish and dotting tools ready, because it’s nail time.

Monarch Butterfly Nail

In appreciation of the famous Monarch Butterfly, you can now have their beautiful wings on your nails.

Materials Needed: Clear base coat nail polish, Orange nail polish, Black nail Polish, White nail polish(polish brands are not limited, viewers can use whatever brand nail polish they want), and a dotting tool. *for those who do not know what is a dotting tools or want to make one can reference my past nail art videos or click the link at the bottom of the page*

Step 1: Use the base coat to protect your natural nails. Then paint over them with the orange nail polish.                                                                                                      

Step 2: Next, use the black nail polish and create a diagonal swipe on the tip.                 

Step 3: Start at the cubicle of your nails and paint a curved line.                                          

Step 4: Then, create four lines from the curved line to the diagonal on the tip. Go over all the black lines to make sure they’re nice and bold.                                          

Step 5: Now, curve the area where the black tip meet the four lines.                              

Step 6:  Next, you use a white polish and a dotting tool to create white dots on the black tip. Make two rows of white dots.                                                                            

Step 7:  Lastly, add the clear top coat to seal the design and make it shine!

Video “Monarch Butterfly Nail Art Design” By cutepolish                                                                                   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LAWIx6PV84

Cute Bunny Nail

Nothing says spring like flowers, nice weather and Easter. You can now have cute little bunnies on your nails, so let’s hop to it!

Materials Needed: Clear base coat nail polish, White nail polish, Light Pink nail polish, Brown nail polish and two dotting tools (one big and the other small)

Step1: Start off by using the base coat to protect your natural nails. Then, paint a half circle on your tip using the white nail polish.                                                                     

Step 2: Then use the white polish brush to create two long ears.                               

Step 3: finish those ears using a dotting tool dipped in Light Pink nail polish to create the inner part of the bunny’s ear.                                                                                    

Step 4: Next, create two eyes using the dotting tool and brown nail polish.                 

Step 5: After, create a tiny pink nose using a smaller dotting tool and the light pink nail polish as the eyes are drying.                                                                                             

Step 6: Finish up the eyes by creating white dots with the smaller dotting tool.     

Step 7: Lastly, add the clear top coat to seal the design and make it shine!

Video “ Cute Bunny Nails” by cutepolish                                                                                                          

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHBGYuM-vYk

Dotting Tool Tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9Y4aYbtVYg

Camlyn will be a senior at Le Moyne college in the Fall of 2012. She's majoring in Communications with a concentration in Print Journalism and is a Creative Writing minor. As an NYC native, Camlyn indulges in anything that involes fashion and daily lifestyles. She aspires to be something like the modern day Carrie Bradshaw, as a magazine journalist for one of her favorite magazines. She has interned with Mercedes Sanchez, founder of her own fashion and beauty blog, BeChicMag.com and ELLE Magazinge. Along with being a HC Correspondent, Camlyn is the PR representative to the Latino based club on campus, El Progreso.More than anything, Camlyn is just super excited to be a part of the HC team! <33