Le Moyne Accountant Student opens for J.Cole!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.
Leonard Myles Pedroso
Accounting ’12

“Myles P”, an aspiring rapper, opened for J.Cole in concert!
Learn more about his journey to fame!

Since when have you been performing?
My first show was in November ’09, where I opened for Ghost Face of Wu Tang.

How did you get interested in rapping/singing?
I was asked to do a rap song for my senior class in high school and everyone loved it, so I kept doing it to entertain them. I began to see how great a way it is to express my emotions, which is how my passion for it came. Then I really got into different kinds of music and fell in love with singing. I couldn’t sing whatsoever at the time so I started taking vocal lessons. Now I give everyone chills, haha!

Who is your favorite rapper? Why?
I like different rappers for different reasons: punchlines, delivery, energy, sound, relativeness to me. If I had to pick one, Drake would be my top choice because he embodies every one of those and more. 

How was opening for J.Cole?
Opening for J.Cole has been the highlight of my career thus far. Every show, every crowd, and every performance, has been getting crazier as I go. I got to chill with J.Cole for a while and he is probably the most chill artist I’ve met.

What are you future plans?
As we speak, my engineer, Mike Piffington, is making HITstory, a.k.a the final masters of my mixtape: Rhythm & Ruckus. It will be up for grabs this May, so keep your eyes open.

What is your dream?
My dream is to have my own tour, with sold out crowds who know every single word to my songs.

What is your biggest challenge as a student and performer?
The biggest challenge is balancing the two. I am always thinking about my next move regarding music, then I have to remember that I am a student and need to do my work. I’d love to sit in a studio all day and then get on stage later that night. I am constantly day dreaming about graduating so that I can dedicate my whole life to music…and girls.

Look out for Myles P’s music!
Add him on Facebook and follow him on Twitter.
Omairys, a born and raised New York City gal of the Dominican descent, is a motivated Communications/Advertising major, with a minor in English. She does not know what she will do with her Communications degree after graduation but is ambitious enough to hope it will be something promising, as this field has been her passion for as long as she could remember. She is actively involved on campus, as she is President of El Progreso, a multicultural organization that strives to raise awareness of the Latino community. She loves to travel: she has traveled to Kenya to work at The Nyumbani Program and will be interning at our nation's capital her senior year! She is hard working, and excited to bring change to her campus---Le Moyne.